Video Files on Forum ×

Casio HT-X10

By golly! I think we found someone alive who seen the mystery BUBBLE Casio keyboard from 1992 I was looking for and asking about lol!!!! @Blueangelo, I really have to know, what country are you in? Man o man! I have all but given up on finding this strange mystery Casio! No one here could answer me lol! And here you come on an unexpected day and BAM!! Bubble Casio with advanced features, and back lit LCD, etc.. from 1992 Catalog yes?Could you PLEASE please, upload more pics as I KNOW there are more models from this Catalog. YES, this keyboard was never released in the USA as far as I know cause while I did get the Casio catalog back in 1992, it seemed to be mostly of the TONEBANK series keyboards and thus I thought this was a tonebank board too but with more advanced features.. If you could upload a bigger more full picture or pics of the whole thing full frontal and then the other pictures of it that was from the side angle. I may be still thinking of yet ANOTHER model that is very close to this one.. VERY CLOSE.. So close I can taste the plastic lol! You made my day!!

Por si acaso vos solo hablas castellano, Yo estado buscando este teclado desde que lo vi ironicamente, en un catalogo CASIO del 1991-92? y por cierto se veia asi estillo bubble pero bien avancado para lo que existia en 1992 en el mercado. Necesito verlo mas de cerca y ver todos los dato escritos en la pagina para poder circular esto por internet y por fin ver si alguien ademas de nosotros, lo ha visto o lo ha tocado? Realmente me sorprendio este poste hoy! Bien venido a Casio Forum!! Pero que venida che!!

Edited by pianokeyjoe
misspelling

• 2 weeks later...

WTF is that? Was this perhaps a rebranded Chinese Medeli tablehooter like the atrocious Casio MA-150/170 that in last moment was considered too embarrasing to be offered as a higher grade instrument???

The latter was actually Medeli MC-36, which short looped waveforms full of aliasing distortion sound inferior to all real Casio midsize keyboards of that era.

http://weltenschule.de/TableHooters/FirstAustria_MC-36.html

But I wonder that it supported Casio memory cards if rebranded, and even had a matrix LCD. Or may that be the full version of what later turned into the (cheapened?) CTK-1000?

Hardware see here:

https://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/20921-legendary-casio-ctk-1000-spare-parts-help/#comment-77749

Edited by CYBERYOGI =CO=Windler

@CYBERYOGI =CO=WindlerLOL! LOL! This my good sir, is the Bubble shaped mystery Casio keyboard from a 1992 Casio Catalog I have been going on about since I joined this forum! It IS indeed or WAS indeed a CASIO and not a rebranded Chinese product. In 1992 there were a bit of nicer CT and CTK models released with the "synth" engine which allows you to "edit" the tones on the SOUNDBANK rather than settling for just presets. The CTK1000, CT670,CTK611,CT700,,MT750,etc, all have some feature of that sound editing. That CTK1000 synth engine that never really took off? Yes, it looks like this HT-X10(and the bigger 76 note HT-X20??), had "CONCEPTS" for a line of keyboards that 1992 market would bring. Sadly, I fear this was just that.. a CONCEPT keyboard. Yamaha did the same thing with the V80 which eventually became the SY85 which was not as cool looking. I have been waiting for an answer with bated breath since I saw this thread, but sadly right now the only one that can give us a better picture and more details is @Blueangelosince he has one of these rare catalogs and thus holds the err um "KEY" to at least unlocking some of the mystery. I am pretty obsessive with Casio keyboards of old, so I KNOW, this thing attracted me very much when I was a teen and I even posted the catalog pages of it on my wall of gear I wish I could have, etc. There was even a rare pop song I heard back then that I liked and I would look at my poster of these keyboards and hear the song and correlate one with the other. Sadly this keyboard nor the pop song exist anymore... Funny, it is 2022 and you would think there would be MORE info not LESS... The hunt continues!! But thankyou for chiming in! I was starting to lose heart here!

It is hard to identify what HT-X10 was based on. The bulky case is somewhat Colani style (which was not that uncommon in early 1990th). The stereo effect section and tone edit may hint to CT-670, CT-680, CT-770 and such, but the rest of the specs don't match. Particularly these had independent 10 button keypads for tone and rhythm select (which made no sense) while HT-X10 had one keypad and generally way fewer buttons, so at least the user interface software would have been a complete rework.

RAM-card RA-500 and matrix LCD (192 x 48 pixel = about 6 lines of 24 characters) hint to more professional hardware, so it may be something else. My Italian is terrible, but apparently it had 100 preset and 100 programmable sounds, 100 programmable rhythms and 10 effects. Polyphony was 16 notes (8 part timbrale midi), but I see no velocity mentioned anywhere. Since Casio at that time strictly separated between velocity and non-velocity hardware (containing at least completely different firmware) this was likely not a completely highend instrument but something medium grade

@CYBERYOGI =CO=Windler WOW!!!! How did you read that tiny writing?? It is Spanish by the way. Ok, Here is what I remember from when I had the catalog back in 1992. It DID have Velocity and Channel Aftertouch(the same as the HT6000), The single keypad for sounds/beats is not so uncommon as you know you have a button for tones and a button for styles.. The LCD was backlit with that Blue Timex Indiglo color we see on may Casio keyboard in 2022. The unit is a 3-way Speaker system consisting of a Woofer, midrange and tweeter. The look resembled the Bubble radio boomboxes of the early 1990s, and this was a synthesizer that was the successor to the HT6000/HT3000 line. However.. and this part I have struggled with since I do not have this catalog, There were TWO keyboards like this in my catalog! One was the HT-X10 and the other may have been HT-X20??(73 or 76 note version with a slightly different shape overall but still kinda bubbly like the HT-X10). From what I can gather the sound source was a MIX of the SD and PCM sound sources which we see in later models(not SD sadly but PCM). It was I think, a hybrid like what was VERY common with YAMAHA Workstations of the same time period(YAMAHA SY77/99 which used AFM and AWM2). I think the HT-X20 may have had a sequencer and may have been 16 tracks or was it 8? Either way, Yeah we need some one with this Catalog to help us out lol! @Blueangelo, we are asking you? Bigger pictures and more of them of this/both keyboards? I still do not see how you read the print on this picture, I tried to enlarge it and it is all pixels not possible to read. @CYBERYOGI =CO=Windler, you have this Catalog too??

On 6/10/2022 at 6:51 AM, pianokeyjoe said:

@CYBERYOGI =CO=Windler WOW!!!! How did you read that tiny writing??

not at all. Despite my 22'' Trinitron screen, with my mole eyes I had to zoom the downloaded picture with IrfanView. The woofer stuff also existed in Casio MT-640. Those blue backlights also existed in funky "Illuminator" brand Casio alarm clocks.

This is the page content send through OCR (gscan2pdf) and autotranslated into Googlenese with small manual layout and character fixes. (I am surprised now how well the AI understands that the whole text is about a music keyboard and does not translate "timbres" with "post stamps" anymore.)

Pure musical creativity

HT-X10

[instrument photo]

Main features

[] New sound source for exceptional sound quality

A completely new sound source design combines a PCM sound source, a synthesizer sound source, and digital effects. The result is an "art palette" of 100 quality sounds including piano, strings, and brass. A sound arranger function gives you control over sound creation parameters, such as attack and release, so you can tailor each sound to achieve the exact crafted sound you want. Up to 100 sounds of your own creation can be stored in memory.

[] Built-in digital effects

A total of 10 effects including room and other reverb types, a chorus orchestration is also programmed. But if the programmed doesn't satisfy you, mix it up and store up to 10 mix effects in memory. Plus, you get a digital panning effect, which lets you adjust the “stereo center” for each individual sound.

[] Accompaniment function lets you create your own original patterns

In addition to the 100 brand-new backing patterns that come with the HT-X10, you get the ability to create your own patterns. Use the pattern program function to store up to 20 patterns of your own creation in memory.

[] 100 super accompaniment patterns

The super accompaniment system assigns optimal melodic sounds and chord progressions to suit each of the 100 accompaniment patterns. Plays the correct accompaniment even without a chord being specified, so your left hand is free for the modulation or pitch bend knob.

[] Multi Track Memory

Melody 1, melody 2, chord, tempo/beat, melody sound 1, and melody sound 2 data can be stored in multi-track memory for creating your own exciting compositions.

[] Large liquid crystal display

A large 192 x 48 dot liquid crystal display makes operation easier by displaying more information at a glance. The display is of the backlit type for easy reading even when it's dark.

[] RAM card capacities

Store your original sounds, backing patterns, and your own compositions on the optional RAM cards (RA-500).

[] MIDI with multichannel receive

Multi-channel reception for 8 parts allows control from an external sequencer, making the HT-X10 a powerful MIDI sound source.

Specifications

* Keyboard: 61 keys, 16-note polyphony
* Play mode: NORMAL, SUPER ACCOMPANIMENT, FINGERED, CASIO CHORD-ON, MIDI
* Sound Bank: 100 programmed sounds, 100 internal sounds
* Sound Paging Function: Attack, Release, Expert Pick, Pan, Effect Type, Effect Depth
* Digital effect: 10 programmed effects, 10 internal effects
* Digital wide effect [=panning effect?]
* Beat Bank: 100 programmed rhythms
* Pattern Program: Up to 20 pattern programs
* Auto Accompaniment System: CASIO CHORD ON/FINGERED, INTRO/ENDING, FILL-IN, FILL-IN 2
* Registration memory: 100 programmed, 50 internal
* Pitch Bend knob, Modulation knob
* 4 demo tunes
* Multi-track memory: 6 data tracks (melody 1, melody 2, chords, tempo/beat, melody sound 1 and melody sound 2); capacity: 2 songs
* MIDI: 8-part multi-channel receive (support speed)
* External memory: RAM card (RA-500: optional)
* CL display: 192 x 48 dot matrix (backlit)
* Built-in speaker: 12 cm x 2 (output: 2W + 2W)
* Terminals: MIDI (IN/OUT/THRU), LINE OUT (L/R), Headphones, Sustain, Volume foot, AC adapter socket
* Power: 6 D-size dry cell batteries or AC adapter AD-5 [optional]
* Dimensions: 1130 (W) x 401 (D) x 152 (H) mm
* Weight: 8.4 kg (including batteries)

• Thanks 1

@CYBERYOGI =CO=Windler LOL WOW!!! THANKYOU!! Weeeeeeeee!! I am happy now! Ok! Well well, Irfanview! In WIndows that is my only preferred image viewer and GIMP and Inkscape for editing and making images and drawing. Nice! Well sir, you have Catapulted decades of searching and asking about this mystery Casio, forward that along with @Blueangelo, who posted the thread by pure chance, my search feels almost coming to its glorious conclusion.. Now to find these keyboards in person and buy both...

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Blueangelo said:

Hi, I'm from Spain, I picked up this catalog from a shopping center, actually I've never heard of this model and I've looked for it countless times because it caught my attention. Does anyone know anything else?, I'll upload a photo with more detail :) @pianokeyjoe

Saludos @Blueangelo! I am from Puerto Rico!! No tenemos mas informacion lamentablemente. Vos tenes mas informacion que nadie en el caso de que vos tenes el catalogo con modelo, fotos y descripcion la cual comparando a lo que hoy en dia existe, nos puede dar buenos clues a lo que es este HT-X10 y sus caracteristicas. Lo que puedo decir por cierto es que yo vi este modelo en un catalogo Casio 1991-92 en Ingles y me gusto tanto que corte las photos de este teclado para hacer un poster colage de todos los teclados que yo deseaba. Yo Tan solo tenia 16 de edad en 1991-92. So mi memoria ahora a los 47 de este teclado no es lo mas agudo pero si lo recuerdo en catalogo y lo estuve buscando en este Forum desde cuando me hice miembro de el hace un tiempo atras. Lamentablemente no se si este Casio fue real o solo un concepto de producto futuro para linia Casio 1992 " Tonebank con sintetisador" o si realmente salio al mercardo. Esperamos las fotos mas detallas con pura ansiedad y anticipacion!

La imagen que subí tiene calidad suficiente para leerla correctamente, de todos modos vuelvo a poner el link para que podais leerla correctamente. En breve mirare a ver si tengo mas informacion en dicho catalogo, efectivamente es un catalogo de 1992, siempre me fascinó ese modelo y por eso lo guardé; quizas sea un prototipo o una maniobra de marketing para hacer frente a la competencia de YAMAHA que en ese momento lidiaban en el mismo segmento de mercados :). Dejo un enlace al drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BWy2ZzpdjcM9KfElLL4U4r0_D6d78Qa8/view?usp=sharing

hpxJLB.jpg

• Love 1

@BlueangeloGRACIAS! THANKYOU!! Effectivamente este segundo enlace funciono mucho mejor que el primero, pues IMAGESHACK, el portal web usado para la photo al inicio de esta conversacion, redujo el tamano y calidad del imagen de tal forma que solo podias ver un imagen de baja calidad. El de google drive is un archivo directo y mas grande(1.5mb in size) y es precisamente lo pedido! GRACIAS! Si, me parece es prototipo. Yamaha demonstro V80 en 1990 que estaba supuesto ser el modelo siguiente del V50 y envez salieron con el SY77/SY99. Para Casio, es una situacion mas lamentable, pues la linia "HT" era linia de sintetizadores estilo arrangers, que usaban generadores de tono sinteticos para melodias pero con tonos SAMPLER PCM para ritmos y percussion. Lamentablemente, Casio decidio dejar los sonidos o tono sinteticos por total, y las funciones de sintetizador de tonos profundos, en favor a modelos con "algunos tonos sinteticos y mucho tonos PCM, y con solo algunas funciones de sintetizador limitadas,para poder incluir sequenciador de multi pistas y "effectos" y touch response keys, pero omitieron MUCHAS funciones al fin. So este modelo estaba supuesto ser el "upgrade" del Modelo HT6000... Hoy en dia te conviene mas comprar HT6000 para obtener lo que este HT-X10 prometia, mas tener el Casio XW-G1 o XW-P1 para los tonos PCM  y sampler. Casio al fin es mas budget que Yamaha pero no los culpo por su decision. Este modelo uviese sido muy costo para el mercado que existia en ese entonces y como vos decis, YAMAHA ya estaba en las mismas con sus teclados, que porlo tanto, fueron muchisimo mejor que Casio! Ejemplos: PSR5700/6700, y PSR-SQ16