Video Files on Forum ×

Despite appropriate cable, no connection from app. Any other ideas?

Hi all, 

I've read about the cable issues connecting the Lyric Creator app to the CTS100V, so bought the IK Multimedia cable (lightning to micro-USB) that was recommended elsewhere on the forum.

Neither my 10.5" iPad Pro or my iPhone 8 Plus can connect to the synth, which I only bought for the ability to create my own lyrics. There's no attempt at connection, I just get the "see connection guide" page. I've taken the Bluetooth adaptor out, in case it was interfering/connecting with devices in the background app. Nothing. 

I'm starting to think I have a dud synth, but thought I'd see if anyone else has any wisdom/ideas? Not sure I would risk returning it for a new one at this point as the app is pretty terrible, but it's a fairly unique synth and I'd just love it to work as it was intended. Have I just wasted £400?

Edited by airwrecker
clarifying cable type

To be sure, in the Lyric Creator App, are you going to the "Inst Data Manager" tab?  And this shows "connect the instrument to your smart device"?  Correct?  

According to the connection guide, Apple products with a lightning port should be connected by the Apple USB Camera Adapter plus a USB Micro B to USB A cable.  

Hiya, 

Thanks Brad. Yep, it's true: you actually need the adaptor/cable combo. It took me about 4-5 USB-A to USB-micro cables, but FINALLY found one that worked. 

I'm afraid i don't know what makes that one special, but at least the app and the synth recognize each other now. I really hope there's a firmware fix for this soon because it really shouldn't be this hard, but at least I got there. 

And for anyone having a similar issue, do NOT get the IK Multimedia cable! Although the advice was offered elsewhere on the forum with good intentions, buying that cable does NOT guarantee you a connection. 

• Like 1

If you haven't already seen it, check out my video where I covered the vocal synthesis section of the S1000V. It shows how easy it should be to connect a phone to the Casiotone and also to download/ use the app. Though I was using an Android phone, the principles should also apply to iOS devices.

And FWIW, my phone (S10) connected fine using an old Galaxy S2 USB phone  cable, and also a generic modern USB 2.0 to USB micro B cable, and both with a cheap adapter (USB 2.0 to USB C).