Video Files on Forum ×

CT-X5000 VOLUME KNOB HAS NO EFFECT

Pilot70D
Go to solution Solved by Brad Saucier,

I bought a CT-X5000 from a reputable on-line seller. They didn't check the volume knob. The volume for all tones is at maximum. The volume knob has no effect on the loud (VERY) volume coming from the built in speakers. I can edit tones and reduce the volume that way. I can even save the edited tones and incorporate them into registration(s).

I checked the firmware on board and according to Casio's website the latest version was installed. Doing factory resets had no effect. I did go ahead and download the latest firmware. I installed same and that had no effect. I did a couple more factory resets also no effect.

Does anyone have any suggestions? 

Edited by Pilot70D
Spelling

Thanks for the suggestion. The seller is reputable and tried to do right by me. They offered a refund after return or a $100 allowance if I wanted to get it repaired locally. We had (past tense) a good electronics repair company here but they closed at the end of April. They had my keyboard for almost three months but didn't have time to  do anything with it before they closed. I am somewhat reluctant to contact the seller again because so much time has gone by. Finding another reliable repair shop here in Atlanta is proving to be a problem.

• 1 year later...