Video Files on Forum ×

Two questions.

1- Despite it having wet/dry parameters,  it always sounds to me like the rotary effect is never full 100%.  There seems to be an uneffected tone in the center and a much lower level leslie tone undeneath left and right.  This is even with dry to zero and wet 100.  Any one else hear/confirm this?  Compared to adding chorus, the difference is huge.

2-Reverb.  Picking organ tone 88 JS Organ for example. How do I adjust the sys fx reverb send level?  Under sys Effects, there are no parameters to adjust and it says "not affect."

Edited by d. gauss

So it helps folks here, I'm posting the same reply as Keyboard Corner. 🙂

Here’s my method for adjusting reverb level. I temporarily assign a knob, usually K3, to reverb level. Then I adjust the Lower, Upper1 and Upper2 reverb levels. There are buttons for selecting the Lower, Upper1 or Upper2 level. Then I assign K3 (or whatever) back to what it was. 

For non-organ tones, K3 is usually modulation — easy to remember. For organ with rotary DSP assigned, I think it usually is set to Brake, but I could be wrong.

Come to think of it, this is my general method for making other tweaks, too, like EQ, attack time and so forth. It's a little cumbersome, but that seems to be the way of any keyboard with just a few front panel buttons and knobs. (The microKorg comes immediately to mind as another example.)

All the best -- pj

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, pjd said:

So it helps folks here, I'm posting the same reply as Keyboard Corner. 🙂

Here’s my method for adjusting reverb level. I temporarily assign a knob, usually K3, to reverb level. Then I adjust the Lower, Upper1 and Upper2 reverb levels. There are buttons for selecting the Lower, Upper1 or Upper2 level. Then I assign K3 (or whatever) back to what it was. 

For non-organ tones, K3 is usually modulation — easy to remember. For organ with rotary DSP assigned, I think it usually is set to Brake, but I could be wrong.

Thanks! Any thoughts on the Leslie/wet dry thing mentioned at the top?