Video Files on Forum ×

What does #1 to #9 means on Sustain pedal sub-setting under Controller settings? (CT-X3000)

fitoni
Go to solution Solved by dftx3,

Greetings CT-X friends, I saw a sub-setting called Sustain under Controller setting in pressing the hardware function button. The setting is number #1 to #9 with default sits on #5. I tried it but somehow hears almost no difference ( I did calibrated my hardware sustain pedal prior to this). I looked at PDF manual on page #113 where it then refers me to page #32, but on that page #32 it refers me back to page #113 without giving contextual explanation over what those #1 - #9 numbers means. 

I may be mistaken on that #113/#32 since I'm not in front of the keyboard when writing this thread, but can anybody help out with this one?

Thanks in advance,

Fitoni

Hi @dftx3, thanks for replying.

Now that I'm in front of PC with PDF manual opened, actually I was talking about the magic number #0 - #9 on below page:

Capture.thumb.JPG.234cf5f4d81c707fb319b0d868ed4c5d.JPG

You see that it refers to page #32, but page #32 talks only about hardware Sustain button. Btw I do not use that button, since I use foot pedal connected to Pedal 1 port instead. I was initially assuming that #0 - #9 controls the length of the sustain but I'm not sure so I looked at the manual. Kindly share if you have any experience on this subject. Thanks.

7 minutes ago, dftx3 said:

it doesn't matter, it works with both the sustain button and the pedal.

By then it sounds like simple toggle (on/off) function to me, but with #0 - #9 parameter range, I suspect each option means something specific.

1 hour ago, dftx3 said:

is the amount of sustain, the duration over time,  longer or shorter...

shorter or longer....

Great! I thought so that it must be controlling the length of sustained notes, although currently they seems almost sound somewhat in similar length to my ears.

Btw I arbitrarily tried editing tone 002 and then picked DSP called Piano (#823 if my memory is correct), and then added a doubled Attack Time, added a bit of Release Time and also quite some Reverbs, and then wow, to my surprise the resulting piano sounds closer to one of those found in Korg Nautilus 😃