Video Files on Forum ×

Windows 10 and CT-S 300 driver compatibility issues

Hello there,

I'm new here and i need some help please. Last time, i tried to plug my CT-S300 to my PC (OS : Windows 10) with a micro-USB to USB-A cable and my PC didn't recognize my piano. No matter what I do, it still isn't recognized, i even installed the usb driver from Casio (https://oemdrivers.com/usb-casio-usb-midi) in compatibility mode from windows and it still doesn't work for me.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Those drivers are obsolete for all Casio products made in the last 10 plus years.  All modern Casio keyboards are class compliant MIDI devices.  It is plug and play, no drivers to download and install.  

First thing to check is Windows device manager.  Do you see Casio USB MIDI listed under sound video and game controllers?  If not, your cable is suspect.  Some cables are only for charging, not data transfer.  

I'm trying to bought a new cable and this time a data transfer cable to see if it or not, i will delivered Friday.

I'll let you know if there is any news about it, thanks for the help guys i appreciated your help.

On this we'll see you on Friday.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have you a link to the cable that you bought so we can see its specs?

Have you tried other USB sockets on your PC?

FWIW, I purchased a generic micro USB B to USB A cable from ebay and my CT-S300 connected and worked fine over MIDI. 

And as Brad said, check your Device Manager. Post screenshots so we can see what is registering on your PC.

I followed your recommendation and i can't see any Casio USB MIDI in sound video and game controllers when i plugged in.

I tried this cable https://www.amazon.fr/AmazonBasics-Câble-mâle-Micro-Lots/dp/B0711PVX6Z/ref=sr_1_2?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=26N4V89ENGKTH&keywords=amazon%2Bcable%2Busb%2Bmicro%2Bb%2Bto%2Bmale%2Ba&qid=1661088446&sprefix=amazon%2Bcable%2Busb%2Bmicro%2Bb%2Bto%2Bmale%2Ba%2Caps%2C59&sr=8-2&th=1, i plugged in all usb socket of my PC to the front panel of my case at backplate of my motherboard, and stilled didn't work.

There is the screenshot when i plug-in my Casio to my PC : https://prnt.sc/htUAy5YTfI7V

I turned on my CT-S1000V, connected a generic USB cable to it, plugged the other end into my Win10 PC and within 1 - 2 seconds Windows made a notification sound identifying a new device had been connected. My S300 is in storage at present hence me using my S1000V that is currently already set up, but your CT-S300 will behave the same way, as did mine when I used it with USB MIDI some time ago.

I looked in Device Manager and it shows "CASIO USB-MIDI" in the list (see pic below).

20220821_151018.thumb.jpg.723e6f4b2516536e3e614496faa2f04c.jpg

The cable that you listed looks like it should work. 

With your S300 switched on, plug the other end of the USB cable into your PC. Do you hear a Windows notification sound when you do this?

Does your PC recognize other USB devices when they are connected to it i.e. cellphones/ mobile phones/ tablets?

Have you tried connecting your CT-S300 to a different computer? What happens when you do?

At this stage, it's a process of elimination. Try the steps I mentioned above and that will help zero in on the possible issue.

1 hour ago, Chas said:

With your S300 switched on, plug the other end of the USB cable into your PC. Do you hear a Windows notification sound when you do this?

I tried, but there is no sound notification when i plugged in.

My PC recognize my mobile phone and my PS4 controller when i plug it to my PC.

Before, i used to play piano on my laptop with MIDI  and work perfectly, i played on Pianoteq, but since of a windows update my laptop stopped recognize my s300. In hope i can play again on my PC, i bought a new desktop, but when i plugged again my S300 to my PC, there still no sound notification.

I don't know where and how this issue has occurred.

• 2 weeks later...

As mentioned, use a process of elimination until a consistent cause is found.

Try and find other computers you can attempt to connect to, maybe even with a different platform i.e. Linux, OSx etc. Maybe even try and connect to a tablet.

Try and find another device that uses a micro USB B connector, and try  connecting your cable with them to a computer/ device.

If a different micro USB B device connects with no problem with your current cable, then you can likely rule out the cable being an issue. If they don't, then the cable is suspect.

If connecting  the Casiotone to another computer/ tablet works fine, then you can rule out the cable being an issue. If it doesn't, and the cable is known to work with other devices, then the Casiotone may be at fault.

Lastly, you say that you "used to play piano on my laptop with MIDI" - what exactly are you playing on your laptop? Are you use an app, DAW, or VST instrument? If so, which one?

• Like 1