Video Files on Forum ×

New PX-S7000, PX-S6000, PX-S5000 General Discussion

Join the live event today covering these 3 new models, especially the PX-S7000.  Our friends at Casio are hosting this live event where you can join the chat and ask questions.  After the live event, you can watch the replay to see anything you missed or want to watch again.  Hope to see you there!  

The rest of this thread can continue with general discussion about the new models.  Personally I think they've done outstanding work designing these.  I can't wait to learn more.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've recently bought the Casio Privia PX-S6000 and I'm using it for recording MIDI for my YouTube channel "Sheet Music Boss". I find that when I release the sustain pedal, the MIDI signal is sent out too late. I imagine this is an intentional setting to compensate for the natural way pianists play, to make it sound better, however it is creating extra work for me to fix it in software.

I really need a setting to change how much latency is being sent out with the sustain pedal release, but there doesn't appear to be one when I've looked through the menu. Any ideas as to who would be the best person to contact about this? Perhaps a firmware update could make this possible. Otherwise it's a bit disappointing that this is not an adjustable function on this instrument.

• 3 months later...

Hi,
Can someone please help me?  (I called the music store I bought it from and Casio tech support, and I could not talk to anyone who ever played the model) I have the Casio PX-S7000. When the volume is at max, I can hear myself talk. It’s low in headphones too. Best way to describe how loud the speakers are (when you have a piano selected and the volume is at MAX) is its a good volume to sing over (without a mic). Like an acoustic guitars volume when strummed. I still have a Casio PX-135, and comparing them side by side, the PX-135 is slightly louder than the S7000…. But the 135 is a 12 watt speaker system and the S7000 is 35 watts
Do you think it’s defective, and I should send it back, or is that how low the volume is on these? I can’t see a sinario where anyone would ever play this without the volume maxed out or 75%…. By the way, if I stream songs over Bluetooth to it from my phone, the songs are much louder…
Thanks so much for your time!,

Did you buy it online or in person? I ask because if you bought it in person, I would suggest you go to that store and try the floor model.

But in general, it seems that it could be louder than that at full volume. Do you have the headphones unplugged when you are listening through the speakers? Make sure the only thing you have plugged in is the power adapter and the pedals.

• Like 1

More than likely you're not playing piano tones hard enough.  You might try setting the touch response to light.  Pound out a huge chord with both hands with all of your strength, sustain pedal held down, and it should get pretty loud.  Older models like the 135 didn't have as much dynamic range, meaning they didn't sound as quiet when played more softly, so this makes them sound louder on average, the way a radio station plays their music "louder" by using dynamic range compression.  It's an improvement in the ability of the keyboard to respond more accurately to softer playing.   

Thanks for the replies! Unfortunately I bought it online. I can't find a music store with one on the floor.... The Dynamic range make sense, and I did change the touch but it's still too low. I just don't want to be forever questioning myself - about if I'm playing a $2500 defective product...I can't see myself, or anyone, ever playing this without the volume on max (which is perfect for my living room, and to sing over) Thanks again!