Video Files on Forum ×

Wish List

Back on Board

I’ve been playing out with my 560 for several years now with a blues band, and lately as half of a duo, and have some thoughts on some things that I would find useful for what I do that perhaps could be incorporated on the next version of the 560. There may be some workarounds for some of the things I’m listing so if anyone has ideas I’d be glad to hear them.

1.       An indicator light by the transpose buttons that turns on any time the board is transposed so you always know that’s the case.

2.       A clock/timer on the screen (maybe at the top right or left corner) so I don’t have to be looking at a watch or phone to know how long before a break or end of a gig. And a timer function that auto starts with a keystroke to time the length of songs, useful when building set lists. I believe Casio has some experience with telling time 😊

3.       A mic input like my old WK6500 has would be very useful for practice, impromptu jams, small venues, and incorporating a vocal track when recording on the board. I know you can run a mic through an amp and into the line in jack but it would be much handier if the input was built in like on the 6500.

4.       The ability use a foot switch with the assignable pedal jack to control the onboard rhythms. The syncro start is great but song pauses and endings are more difficult to control.

5.       A “Back” button, like you have on a TV remote. This would function like a temporary registration and allow you to toggle between 2 settings. Here’s how I see it working. There would be a button (maybe to the right of the “Store” button) called “Back”. Pressing “Store” and “Back” would store the current configuration of the keyboard just like a registration. Then when the setup is changed such as recalling a different stored registration the “Back” button would automatically store that as well. Then by pressing the “Back” button you can toggle back and forth between the 2 settings with the press of a single button. Right now I use the 4th registration in each bank for a temporary registration to function in a similar manner but that takes 24 registrations away from other purposes. Anyone have other ideas on how to accomplish this?

6.       I’ve found that the syncro start for rhythms only works if you strike a key below the split point, even if you’re not using a split, any way to defeat that?

7.       I have controller knob 3 assigned to accompaniment volume as I need to control keys and rhythm volume separately due to variation in tone volumes, e.g. Accordions are Loud and turning down the master volume also turns down the rhythm. I have the registration filter for the controllers On so changing registrations doesn’t override the knob assignment but unless you store the controller setting with the registration a change in registrations causes the knob setting to default to full volume, not always desirable.

8.       When recording it would be nice if the master volume would fade the recorded track like it does the speakers. Yeah, you can edit the track but for a quick down-and-dirty recording it would be handy.

OK, I got a little long-winded but I’ve been thinking about these things for a while.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've changed this post as after further experience I've found the rhythm and sync start lights DO flash at the set tempo, apparently it was my eyes and ears that were not in sync 😉

But one other thing that I would like to see, I'd like to be able to edit the Grand Piano button so I can have my own defaults that override all other settings. I use that button to clear custom settings in place from using a registration but I'd like make my own base settings to start from, and be able to reset the split point to a default as well.

Edited by Back on Board
Incorrect info