Video Files on Forum ×

PX-870 - loses settings when turned off or goes to sleep??!!

Go to solution Solved by Brad Saucier,

Just purchased a PX-870 and really like it... EXCEPT... I get it all setup the way I want - some added brilliance, adjusted touch, enabled external speaker, and a few other tweaks. All with that tedious "find what key does what function" using the big instruction sheet (why, oh why, are most of the functions not labeled above the keyboard?).

Now I turn it off (or it turns itself off after a while) and when I turn it back on - it is reset to the default "concert grand" piano and none of the tweaks I worked hard to get just right. Every single time I turn this on I have to redo all the setting changes? That is crazy - the piano is plugged in so there is power available to keep the settings without any battery. Is my unit defective or is this how it is actually designed? Hard to believe there could be such an obvious design shortcoming on a device of this class.

Does anyone else have this problem?

41 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

Turn on "auto resume".  This saves most settings.  Details about auto resume starts on page 4 of the PX-870 full user guide.  The full user guide can be found here in PDF format.

Woo-hoo, thank you. I cannot imagine why ON is not the default...

6 minutes ago, m2827 said:

Woo-hoo, thank you. I cannot imagine why ON is not the default...

Auto resume OFF allows a simple power off restore everything to default settings, so no special knowledge of the instrument is needed.  This is desirable behavior in schools where many of these instruments are used by many different students, or on sales floors as demo models where many different shoppers have "done bad things" to it.  Power OFF and back ON to undo those bad things.