Video Files on Forum ×

HELP..How to Assign Rotary Effect to Organs CT S500?

Installing this registration bank is probably the easiest way, but it's for CT-S1000V.  It may not work on CT-S500.  Basically, select an organ tone which uses Rotary DSP or add rotary DSP to a tone which does not have rotary.  Then press menu>knob> and assign your preferred DSP targets to each knob.  Save the settings as a registration.  

• Like 1

Brad appreciate the info I will try to load these files to User Tones and try them...

what I am really interested in is being able to Turn ON & OFF the Leslie effect while I am playing
on the organs I assign the Rotary to if that makes sense?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, wanted to download these organ registrations.  It’s unclear how to do it.  

IPad: am not able to copy Brad’s organ to my flash drive (error: the flash drive requires too much power)

USB cable (micro) to iPad CCK: nothing happens or registers.  In the manual it sounds like this USB-to-host connection is designed for use with music apps, not for loading new User Tones directly from the iPad

I am however able to use USB MIDI thru this cable, so the connection is there-

Brad,

Good news!   I was able to load your organ registrations into my 500S.  It sounds like you left the first and 4th registrations close to the same, I heard big differences in the 2d and 3d, for the better.  What are some of the key parameters you changed?

Those were useful K1-3 assignments, for my tastes I set the speed, K2, between about 105-118.  Was surprised that each of the registrations called for a different fast speed to sound good to me.  Looks like I need to dive into this DSP, the slow speed could have been a bit faster for my taste.

• Like 1

So was it a matter of Casio not having the time before they launched the S500?  It seems like a huge missed opportunity, that each Tone could have had a factory customized setting of the 3 knobs, a starting point and good example of the use of the mod Knobs.  

That’s something that could be implemented with the next firmware update?  It would be a major upgrade in playability, and of course shows off those fabulous mod knobs. 

The other missed opportunity- the Registrations aren’t chock full of examples of good edited single Tones with Knobs 1-3 assignments, or good layers and splits.  It’s not like there’s a lot to draw from the community- Brad’s 4 organ Registrations are the only Registrations I’ve seen for these boards.

This wouldn’t require a Firmware Update, it could be an optional SAVE ALL file or Registration Bank SAVE (more flexible).

Edited by Rudolph R-N R
Brad I hope you re-read this, I added to it with the edit.

18 hours ago, Rudolph R-N R said:

So was it a matter of Casio not having the time before they launched the S500?  It seems like a huge missed opportunity, that each Tone could have had a factory customized setting of the 3 knobs, a starting point and good example of the use of the mod Knobs.

Maybe Casio figured that it would be simpler for new users if the knobs always did the same thing (until they got to the point where they might specifically program them to do something else).