Video Files on Forum ×

Casio CDP130 Issue

I purchased a Casio CDP130 quite a while ago now and quite a few of the keys stopped working.

Keys: A1; A#;1 F1; F#1; C#2; D2; A3; A#3; B3; C3; C#3; D3; D#3; E3; F3; F#3; C#4; D4; A5; A#5; F5; F#5; C#6; D6; A7; A#7; F7; F#7 are all dead and produce no sound or input via midi.

Anyone know what could be the cause and best course of action?

I looked at the service manual for the CDP130 and it seems like all of the keys you are having problems with have the same 2 contacts so it's probably an issue with those.

Do you clean your keyboard often? sometimes contacts wont work properly if there's too much dust between the strip and the actual board.

another thing that might be affecting it is if the conductive powder has worn off. for that you can try colouring in the contacts with a B pencil  to add more carbon (you can google fixing a piano keyboard with a pencil to find videos of this)

otherwise if neither of those things work you may need to replace the contact strips/board or take it to someone that can repair it.  if you have access to a multimeter you could try testing the contact points to see if the path for the connections is working? but that might be better left to a professional if you are unsure... if you need new parts then make sure you check your local facebook marketplace and other websites for people to sell second hand things, there are a lot of people who sell keyboards for parts only or specific parts of keyboards!

i had this same issue with one of my Korgs last year and unfortunately i needed to replace the entire board but i havent been able to find a replacement yet :( but casio use the same boards for a lot of keyboards so if you need a replacement then it should be much easier to find

also i am by no means qualified or an expert in this stuff, i've only fixed 3 keyboards so far and its been over a decade since my high school electronics class, so if anything i said is wrong then im sorry lol just use my advice as a starting point for further research