Video Files on Forum ×

Some improvements I would like to have

id_deegee

Hello everyone!

First of all I want to thank Casio for releasing such a good piano, it's still my favourite although it has some hiccups and issues... some of them are major.

the main wanted feature

- DSP effects are active for all 2 uppers and lowers when splitted, or at least for higher 1 and lower 1 at once. It's very important for live performances. Now I have to pre-record some parts using Midi recorder, which works even for several different tones and DSP effects simultaneously + another DSP for the current active

So I don't know why it's limited to only one part of 4 at this moment for live performances.

- midi records should save Effect section per each registration used during recording, atm midi records only the very first selected and then resets it to some default value if a registration is changed during recording. There's no problem if I record wav, only with midi.

- panning does not work for DSP 100% wet sounds, I have some HEX tones where I use only wet tone from DSP effects, so in that case all PAN settings do not work, Pre dsp, Post psp settings change nothing

a layer PAN setting affects nothing, Mixer settings do nothing. 

not in some particular order

- ability to add drum sounds via hex

- at least one digital synth to create bases , leads, etc. no need to have sampled saw, pulse , registrations anymore :)

- lock balance, effects, eq. between registrations , so once LOCK is pressed they are used instead of the registration settings

- edit button for all layers,  it's very cucumbersome now in order to edit a tone I need to load it in the 1st cell and so on

- hold arpeggios by sustain pedal (not by hold setting) 

- rhythm buttons are too close to each other and small,  on some fast performances I cannot guarantee that I push the correct button, sometimes 1 button triggers instead of the 2nd. Ideally would be good to have a midi-in command to trigger externally

- ability to save the current changes of the registration to an USB drive w/o saving them above existent, it's a logical functionality

I change tones, balance, etc... but I don't want to save it above the current one, I just want to save the current state to a memory card, then I can upload it to a required bank section.

- fast forward within any long item menus, especially relevant to HEX/Layer editor, takes ages to go from 0 to the last or vice versa

- File manager. DOS names, internal timer.  Very limiting not to be able to use more than 8 chars for file names, especially then they are not dated (I can't sort them by modify or creation date, they all have the same date) I have tones of records, several per day, and that bothers a lot

- editing arpeggios or add a custom one with ability to select tempo multiplier (some times this option alone would be enough),

now there's not a simple repeating  arpeggio without any rhythms, like LFO/Saw down, poly 1 or hard rock are the closest but they are twice as slow and have some rhythms

- the touch screen is too close to the fingers, false touches happen quite often and I can't deactivate it w/o deactivating buttons.

-  noticeable random volume changes, some hot keys exist? ) I have some compositions where I need to change rhythm section along with playing, so some piano keys + rhythm buttons increase volume a lot (I'm 100% sure I don't touch the volume knob) I could repeat on one of my registration a lot ) usually it does not happen though

- audio-in volume button is behind? ) not convenient at all

- midi record loop is not gap free

- hex layers of existent sounds, like piano...

I have more, but don't remember right now

I hope Casio will not stop releasing and developing such good instruments.

you can find my videos with this piano on youtube @id_deegee

this 

Edited by id_deegee
  • Like 1