Video Files on Forum ×

Update 1.09 ?

Hello. Why doesn't Casio release update 1.09 for old CT-X's? Has there been a change in hardware?

Another detail is that Casio could release some functions in editing Styles such as being able to put Melodic Tones on Drum tracks.

An example is the Bass 220 (VSTE.Bs1) where it would be possible to use a Slide effect from the Octaves above on one of channels 9 or 10. The Bass working on these Channels does not change chord changes,

keeping the Slide Effect where we could use it in Fills or Intros.

• 2 weeks later...

In MZ-X500 you can assign any voice to any of the drum tracks, but there's a little issue - while you can assign a voice, it won't change it's tonality with chord changes. So there's not much profit of doing so. The only one practical use for that feature I see is that to use it for sampled voice playback, where pitch changing is not required. And since CT-X series can't do sampling anyways, there's no need for that function...

12 hours ago, Just Alex said:

In MZ-X500 you can assign any voice to any of the drum tracks, but there's a little issue - while you can assign a voice, it won't change it's tonality with chord changes. So there's not much profit of doing so. The only one practical use for that feature I see is that to use it for sampled voice playback, where pitch changing is not required. And since CT-X series can't do sampling anyways, there's no need for that function...

You are wrong. The fact that I want to put a tone on the Drum track is because I want it to be unaffected by the chord change.

The Bass 220 on the CT-X has the Last Octave Slide effects. If you put, for example, one of these Slides on channel 3 Bass when changing the chord, the effect will not play because the different chord will change the position of the notes.

Now if it can be placed in the percussion channel the Slide effect will remain active.

In MZX I created drum kits with Slides Bass effects in the last octaves. On Yamaha keyboards you can put Slide bass on any channel because Yamaha has a NO CHORD function where you choose which Main or Fill the function is placed on.