Video Files on Forum ×

Please help! Connecting CT-S200 to Scarlett 2i2

Hi! I'm trying to connect my CT-S200 to my Scarlett 2i2. From my understanding, the headphone output is a stereo signal while the Scarlett takes a mono. Is there an adapter or something I can use? The headphone output on the Casio is a standard 1/4" and the input on the Scarlett is a 1/8". Thank you!!

I think you have the sizes backwards.  The keyboard has a 1/8 inch stereo mini jack, and the interface has standard 1/4 inch jack.  If both inputs on the interface are free to use, you can connect the keyboard using an "1/8 inch TRS to dual 1/4 inch TS cable".  Search the web for that and you'll find plenty of sellers.  If only one channel of your interface is free to use, just connect one of the two 1/4 inch TS plugs, whichever one you want. All sounds from the Casio will work well in mono from either channel.  

I'm assuming that the CT-S200 is similar to the CT-S300. In which case, all the tones it produces are mono unless you engage stereo reverb. 

You can use a single TS 1/8" mini jack to single TS 1/4" jack cable to connect your CT-S200 to the Scarlett 212 if you only want a mono signal. Or you can find 1/8" TRS to 2 x 1/4" TS cables that will allow you to record in stereo (see pic below for example).

Screenshot_20230810-162446_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b14820cf36a648773915f9af2a9e2a51.jpg below for an example).