Video Files on Forum ×

Help Making The JD-800 Crystal Rhodes In The PX-5S

eRock92

Hello.  I'm trying to see if I can (somewhat) recreate the Crystal Rhodes/EP sound from the JD-800.  From what I can gather from the internet, that patch was made with an EP waveform, a pad waveform, and a gamelan waveform.  The PX-5S has comparable EP and pad waveforms, what I can't find is something similar to the gamelan sound.  All the metallic percussion has "thud" sound and the synths have a guitar "pluck" sound.  I need that "tink" sound from the JD's waveform.

Does anyone have any ideas to get that sound from the PX-5S?  I'm about two to three weeks into this, and am bashing my head against the wall.  I'm starting to think I may need to use 2 HexLayers to make it; one for the gamelan sound and the other for the EP-pad layer.  Aside from that, I still need to figure out how the filters effected those old waveforms to match that.  Any help in the right direction would be appreciated.   Thank, y'all.

• Like 1

There's tons of videos demoing the Crystal Rhodes sound.  Here's one for example  -->  CRYSTAL RHODES DEMO

Here's a video of the pure waveform.  The link should begin at time stamp 8:20 with the "Gamelan 1" waveform at timestamp -->  GAMELAN WAVEFORMS

Lastly, here's the only video I have found where someone actually played the individual waveforms that make up the Crystal Rhodes sound -->  CRYSTAL RHODES LAYERS

• Like 1