Video Files on Forum ×

New topic-nothing wrong with my Casio keyboards

Jokeyman123

Decided it's time. after seeing many posts about noisy keys, volume controls that don't work, pedals etc. ad nauseum, and on many other keyboard user groups...no offense to those with problem keyboards....

I have had no problems at all with my 560 or XW-P1 and its been quite a few years-none. of course I've never thrown them down the stairs or poured cheap beer or axle grease into them (is there a difference, maybe). All I do is play and record them, and turn alot of knobs once in awhile. No matter how hard I try to find something wrong, well once that weird drum thing with the 560 which was quickly fixed from as far as Japan no less and due to another very helpful individual here....say no more..

say no more.jpg

its almost disappointing-I can't complain about anything-rhythms, tones, controls, keys, operating systems, card slots, software, LCD screens, power supplies, nothing. Sigh.....

Edited by Jokeyman123
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

Completely agree. I have a rather large collection of Casio keyboards from vintage to modern, and they're impressive with their reliability and lack of faults. 

The only Casios that I have that have issues are those that are old and were bought used, and that have led a hard life. Mostly it's minor stuff such as sticking/ intermittent switches/ buttons or dirty contacts. Meanwhile, my 1981 VL-1 still works perfectly, as does my 1982 CT1000P. 

Two of my Casios with the most faults are my 1980 CT201 and my late 80s MT500. The MT500 was bought as "for parts or not working", and from a quick look over it, many of its faults are down to oxidized contacts. It looks that it might have been stored somewhere damp, so it's not really the fault of the keyboard itself. My CT201 was bought for GBP 10 from a waste recycling center. It looks to be a little beat up, and the heavily yellowed keys (with note stickers on them, along with a bunch of small bits of plastic and paper fallen inside the keybed), suggests that it was used by kids and then just stored in an attic/ spare room with windows. Oh, and there were signs that a small amount of liquid had been spilt over the upper end of the keyboard. A quick clean of the contacts and removing the debris under the keyboard had it pretty much back to full life. Not bad for a 43 year old neglected keyboard! Oh, and my 1983/ 4 CT403 had a RIFA capacitor self destruct (RIFAs are a well known weak component in many old keyboards and electronics). I replaced it and it was back to full working order.

Of my new(er) Casios - SA-76 (bought used but in 'as new,' condition), XW-P1, XW-G1, XW-PD1 and CT-S1000V, they all work as perfectly as the day that they were bought. 

Some other manufacturers would do well to follow Casio's example for build quality and reliability!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1