Video Files on Forum ×

Connection to PC via USB-Midi

Hi, 

I newly bought the Privia PX-S6000 but not able to connect it to my PC. I know I can connect via USB-wireless but want to have the option of cable too.

I tried connecting different USB-Cables (maybe quality issue) and also with different operating system as Windows 11 and Ubuntu, but not able to get the audio output recognized.

Have you any suggestion what can I try? 

regards,

JD

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, jocar37 said:

If the 6000 supports MIDI only, and not audio, what does this language directly from the Casio website mean?

"MIDI recorder, USB audio recording and audio/MIDI file playback"

The wired USB connection is for MIDI only.  

Many Casio products (including PX-S6000) are equipped with two different USB ports, Type A and B.  

Type-B: Supports MIDI. For a wired connection to a host device*.  Does not support audio.  *A host device includes computers, mobile devices, or USB MIDI host boxes.

Type-A: For USB flash drive.  For Casio WU-BT10 wireless adapter.  Does not support a wired connection to another device.

• WU-BT10 Audio: Supports Bluetooth audio receive.  Does not support transmit to another device.  Intended purpose, for using the internal speakers of the PX-S6000 as a Bluetooth speaker.
  • WU-BT10 MIDI: Supports Bluetooth MIDI transmit and receive.  Compatible with most newer Apple and Android devices.  
  • USB Flash Drive: Supports direct recording of WAV format audio.  Support direct playback of WAV or MP3 format audio, and MID format files. Supports MIDI recorder save and load from USB.  

I've been told by a Casio tech that the Wu-BT10 will in fact allow me to play VSTs over a Casio Privia PX stage piano.  I understand however that Bluetooth doesn't have quite the throughput of an actual interface.  So I'm concerened about latency.  Has anyone who has used the adapter find that it did allow VSTs on a computer to be played through the piano, and if so, did you  notice a latency problem?