Video Files on Forum ×

Casiotone CT-S200 is playing random rubbish

Topher_01

My cat likes to walk over my keyboard at night and that's usually just it. However, this morning she done it and I don't know what she's done but the first octave of notes are playing a mess of notes, just when you press a single key. Only the first octave, nothing else. It's strange and I'm struggling to find out how to revert back to the default settings so I can just play it again. 

I also tried it in midi and it still responds the same way on my computer.

Any suggestions how to turn this off would be very much recommended...

I have done the basics, power cable out, on and off again, into the settings and initialized it. So it must be something else. 

https://reddit.com/r/piano/s/JF5btV6e6l

Hey, I'm not sure if that link will work, but I posted a video in Reddit earlier today. Best way to describe it, if it doesn't link, is like an extra, out of key, layer, almost like a fifth added on top of the first twelve keys. 

The problem is I can't see any option whatsoever to turn it off

Edited by Topher_01

Well that's no good.  After you press enter on the initialize screen, everything software related is reset to factory.  Unfortunately since it still has the issue afterwards, it's likely a hardware fault and will need repairs.  It could be as a simple as buttons and sensors need cleaning, or could be more complex like a circuit shorted or open.  Try blowing everything out around the buttons and keys just to be sure it's not something simple. 

Well I had a little bit of joy. Opened it up, deep cleaned everything and it was working again, right until I reassembled it and we're now back to square one. So at least now I know the actual keys and rubber pads inside are not the problem. But now I have something to work with. Thanks for the advice. I'll keep you posted, see how I get on

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...