Video Files on Forum ×

Help with the RZ-1 MIDI SysEx sample transfer (please! :))

Ok so new owner. Having some issues with input jacks or batt for sampling direct (will address next). Got the bone software and downloaded the things from Casio RZ-1 MIDI SysEx - R-Massive article ezine, got a midi 2x2 interface adapter and cables etc. So I think I am sent, but the directions or completing this transfer is so confusing for me, and I would love some direction! I tried but quickly got flustered. Having a hard month and getting this thing to sample will make me smile. Thanks guys!

Chris

Let me download a manual if i can find one, I have some experience with sampling and sending sysex back and forth, just not on the RZ-1. You might need to practice a few simple steps first before you can go to full sampling. I will be clearer after I look this over.  Always was tempted to get an RZ. Have quite a bit of other sampling devices instead. a question or 2, as your post is not totally clear to me. What is bone software? And what is the the R-Massive article ezine-is this a document you have studied about the casio RZ-1? And I think you are talking about a Midisport 2 x 2 midi interface, i have he same one and use it for connecting my laptops to my music machines, for transferring/saving/loading midi files and other data.

OK, gotten a little further. You meant Bome sysex utility, I have it. Having the ability to load and save whatever you want in the RZ-1 with sysex apparently can be done, and the Midisport 2 x 2 has a big midi buffer and should be fine if sysex transfer is what you need to do. since the RZ was originally designed to transfer/save/load its data using a tape recorder audio interface (I've used this method years ago with early Korg DW synths and others) I guess i can understand why you'd want to do this with sysex data packets instead. If you are new to sysex messages-don't let all the codes on the R-massive webpage confuse you. it seems that the software available at R-Massive will create the necessary sysex messages for you in order to load or save whatever data you need to transfer. Ihaven't tried so can't say of it works. and if you have no samples in the RZ-1 already, there will be no sysex info to save to your computer. otherwise, you would have to input all the exact sysex messages into your computer software (Bome) in order to get the RZ-1 to respond this way, since it was never designed to do this, and this R-massive description is describing a different way to load and save samples, programs etc.  wish i could help more. if it was me, I'd pull out one of my old tape recorders, and sample using recorded audio samples sent into the RZ-1 as it describes in the manual, but that is only for sampling. I think the RZ-1 also required using the tape recorder interface to save everything in the RZ-1, and to send everything to the RZ-1, using the audio  (MT) jack. The R-Massive website is describing how to the same thing, just with the software posted there, and midi connections instead of the older tape recorder interface.

• Like 1