Video Files on Forum ×

Important feature request for PX-S5100/6100/7100 : USB-Audio

I think the Casio digital pianos offer really, really good performance compared to the competition. That's why my last three digital pianos have always been Casios.

At the moment, however, I'm struggling a bit: I sometimes use the digital piano via USB as a MIDI controller on Pianoteq, which I really enjoy the sound of. But I wish I could also select the digital piano as an audio device for Pianoteq via the same USB connection.

If you have MIDI and USB audio via USB, you can inject the VST sound into the digital piano from the outside and use its speaker or headphone connection.

Current competitor digital pianos offer this feature. Casio does not. I am convinced that Casio would sell more instruments if they included USB audio in their instruments.

So dear Casio team: Please, please make sure that your pianos are also USB audio devices.

Thanks for your feedback.  It would be great if that could be added without taking away features.  The future is wide open, so anything is possible.  

I would like to point out your PX-S1000 has a stereo mini jack audio input for connecting to the headphone/line output of a computer to the piano for monitoring.  Analog inputs are compatible with a wide range of gear new and old alike.