Video Files on Forum ×

Please advise a way to transfer stereo sound from the PX-S1100 to a PC.

Go to solution Solved by Brad Saucier,

Please advise a way to transfer stereo sound from the PX-S1100 to a PC. I am aware of the method with a USB flash drive via a wav file format. I am interested in a real-time audio transmission method (e.g. in fl studio)

You will need an "audio interface".  They can be found built into the motherboard of your computer (as a mic/line input jack) or one can be purchased as a computer add-on accessory.  You'll connect audio cables from the LINE OUT standard TS jacks on the PX-S1100 to the input jacks on the audio interface.  

36 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

Вам понадобится «аудиоинтерфейс». Их можно найти встроенными в материнскую плату вашего компьютера (как гнездо микрофонного/линейного входа) или приобрести в качестве дополнительного аксессуара для компьютера. Вы подключите аудиокабели от стандартных разъемов LINE OUT TS на PX-S1100 к входным разъемам аудиоинтерфейса.  

I want to transmit sound as best as possible (in stereo mode) to a PC and for this I need an audio interface with two linear (or mono) inputs, right? I was watching audio interfaces and noticed that almost every one has only XLR inputs in several quantities. Do I necessarily have to use adapters (ts - xlr) or are there audio interfaces with multiple ts/trs inputs? I also want to know if there is any point in trs (for noise reduction) at all?

• Solution

You will want to study the interface products you are considering.  Many of them feature XLR jacks which are also TRS jacks, combination jacks.  You will know this visually by looking at the XLR jack.  It will have a center hole.  Note that Casio line out jacks are unbalanced TS, not balanced TRS.  A TRS cable can be used, but it will function as a TS cable when connected.  TRS is not necessary.  High quality can be achieved with TS.  

• Like 1