Video Files on Forum ×

How to control MIDI velocity on the PX - 350m?

Hey everyone, my PX - 350m is dead as a keyboard 😕 and since I’m now part of “the broken crackling noise Casio keyboards club” I’m forced to use this as a MIDI controller but I’ve got trouble once I play VSTs inside and outside kontakt, it does not matter if they are standalone or through a DAW, in most cases the velocity response is really quiet compared to when I press each key with my mouse in the VSTs interface so I believe this is a velocity problem, is there any way to control this? Are there any Casio software to control this or what can I do? Thanks for your help beforehand.

12 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

What happens whenever you go into the function menu and adjust touch response to various settings from off to light (1), normal (2), heavy (3)?

I did not know about this, I’m gonna try it and let you know.

On 1/29/2024 at 4:29 PM, Brad Saucier said:

What happens whenever you go into the function menu and adjust touch response to various settings from off to light (1), normal (2), heavy (3)?

Hey, I've tried this but it didn't work for the MIDI velocity, it just changes the piano's velocity itself but does not affect it when connected to the PC as a MIDI controller. Is there anything else I can try?

38 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

Are you saying that with touch response turned off, it still has touch response when used as a MIDI controller?  That should not be happening. 

Yes pretty much, I tried with touch response OFF, then with level 1, 2 and 3 but nothing changed using it as a MIDI controller, it only changed the piano's velocity as an instrument :(.