Video Files on Forum ×

"Brighten" Hex Gr Piano Tones

bcf1ca

Hello. I am trying to create a piano tone that is "brighter" (has more treble highs) than the basic sound of the Hex GrPiano1 tones without getting too bright like the hex piano tones. Is there a parameter that I can adjust that would let me tweak the brightness of the tone? I've tried to find one but there are so many parameters, I'm hoping someone with more experience editing hex tones can point me in the right direction. Overall, I am trying to create a single tone that will combine the piano tone with an electric piano tone which I've done with an Upper 1 and 2 combination of a non-hex Piano and EP tones but I need them combined into one tone. 

I hope this is clear. Thanks in advance.

Barry

How bright you can get depends on the sampled waveform you choose.  4 different velocities were sampled from the real piano.  Of the raw waveforms available, level 4 is the brightest and loudest.  Filter cutoff can be adjusted to reduce the brightness of the raw wave.  Wave levels 1 to 3, the raw samples are not as bright.  

Also, the filters in Hex Layer mode are multi-mode. Choosing a high-pass filter for a wave on one layer and a low-pass filter or no filter at all for the same wave on another layer and adjusting their relative volume levels, can act like an equalizer to accentuate high frequencies to your taste. You can also adjust the “key follow” if the resulting sound gets too bright at the top end.

There is a lot of flexibility in the Hex Layer engine on the PX-560 and the filters sound really smooth. 

Edited by AlenK

Thanks to you both for the quick responses. I suspected the basic wave sound couldn't be changed. I'll play around with the filter options to see if it achieves what I"m looking for. I appreciate your suggestions.

Barry