Video Files on Forum ×

Casio 6000 sometimes plays wrong notes.

Hi All,

I have bought a Casio Privia 6000 and sometimes the piano plays extra / wrong notes (sounds out of tune).

This has happend about 4 times now (in about a month). It is not easily repeatable and occurs with different instruments and different keys.

the problem goes away when I restart the piano or when I wait for a short time.  the last 2 times it occurred when I was playing pretty fast with lot of notes.

I tried to rule out problems caused by external devices like bluetooth / pedel / USB MIDI connection. Non of them seem to have any effect on the problem.

Also tried to reset the piano to the factory settings and also that did not cure the problem.

Now I have to figure out if it is a mechanical or a electronic / software problem.

Maybe someone can help me identify the problem.

Thanks in advance.

here a link to YouTube to hear the behavior :  

Edited by Afeskens
added a YouTube link.

Hi Brad,

I know that I could sent it back, but if it would be a known problem that has a easy fix then that would be better.

Tried to replicate the problem today, and guess what, I could not. Maybe tomorrow 😉