Video Files on Forum ×

Quick Access for 10 Sounds Playing Live / Registration Setup px-s7000

Although this has been touched on in a separate post.  I still need help.    I want to be able to a quickly access sounds in a live performance.  Go from a grand Piano to a brass sound, then an Organ to the Imagine Piano, etc..    I understand that creating a registration bank is like taking a snapshot of the keyboard, but I'm looking for a more specific roadmap to setup what I'm trying to accomplish.  I need to get to 10 sounds/tones -- without scrolling.  

The registration process is complex and as I see it, only gets me one sound (or perhaps four F1-4) other than the one I'm currently on.    If I want to access 10 different sounds (not all at once), can I put them all in one "bank"? Or is each registration bank, a different sound.  And how does one access Bank 2,3,4, etc. quickly?    Is that even the best way accomplish this?   Should I be looking at the "user" slots instead of the registration function?      The manual gets you started on this, but doesn't really finish explaining the best way to do it.

I know I'm asking a lot, but if someone walk me (us) through it OR  direct me to a video (or create one!) where a player sets up this keyboard to access 10 sounds (easily) instead of scrolling forever, that would be ideal.

Thanks!

daja

I think it mostly depends on what you need specifically in your case.  Registrations are good for storing complex setups like splits and layers.  The user F buttons can be good as shortcuts to your favorite tones.  Registrations setups are 4 per bank.  So each registration in a bank is unique with the tones and settings you configured when saving it.  Of course there are multiple banks, so yes this will take some navigation to move through all of them.  I think the user F buttons may be what you're really looking for, a "favorite" tones sort of thing.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Brad,

Thanks so much for the quick response.  I'll give the user buttons a try.   Maybe there are other players that have had this issue and have come up with a good way to resolve it.

Thanks!

• Like 1