Video Files on Forum ×

Scale Tuning confusion

Link

Hi all. Having an absolute ball with a newly acquired CT-S1 here, a truly fabulous little bit of kit. One thing that I just cannot fathom is the Scale Tuning and Base Note functionality. They simply appear to be doing nothing here. Scale across they keys remains the same, as does trying to change the base note.

It's mainly the scale base note function that I am interested in and everything else works as expected. The procedure in the manual seems straightforward enough... Function G2 (beep) > (keep holding Function) > Press required base note C2-B2 (beep) > release Function... Nada. Zilch. Nothing. Likewise with Scale Tuning. Nothing changes.

What am I missing? Any help appreciated.

The 'Piano Remote Controller' within the Casio Music Space app usually provides scale tuning and base note functionality on other keyboards in the Casio range. Not ideal but a solution of sorts.

But, of course, this section of the app isn't available when connected to the CT-S1.

Hi Brad. I've seen this implemented a number of different ways over the years and it does appear to be working upon further investigation. My error was in how I was expecting the base note function implementation.

It seems that the tunings scale 'from' the selected base note leaving the layout of the keys intact. This actually makes a lot of sense but isn't what was expected as an old Yamaha I had used to remap the keys starting from the base note. This could also be used as a funky transposition tool as a by-product. It was the non-change 'to' a new base note that was throwing me but this is actually a more sensible implementation and a great little unexpected extra.

Appreciate the feedback. It made me wonder if I had missed something obvious. And I had!

• Like 2