Video Files on Forum ×

560m volume too low

Meg1611

I've searched but haven't come up with a thread with my particular problem. I downsized, sold my Bechstein grand and kept my Kawai accoustic, knowing that the Privia can be weighted heavy and the Bechstein tone almost mimicked.  However, I can't get any volume on the Privia 560m anywhere near even half that of the Kawai. It's pathetic. What am I doing wrong. I have the piano set to GrandConcert and full volume...it couldn't be heard outside of my 3mx4m studio...I also have the piano set to 432hz but assume that shouldn't affect the volume in any way. Any ideas welcome and thanks in advance. 

Acoustic pianos are very loud.  I don't think the internal speakers can match that level, however I wouldn't say the PX-560 sounds too low normally.  Is this a brand new unit unboxed?  I ask because someone may have adjusted master effects levels or mixer levels, which could reduce output volume.  

Posted (edited)

Yes, I was the unboxer.  The thing is that I have read that it has ample volume without speakers - we have a tiny wee church and I would definitely need speakers. I was hoping to go with just the Privia (no speakers). I am very likely to have been the master effects fiddler but I wouldn't have a clue - I know I saw all sorts of stuff for hex layers and instantly thought 'witch' (I speak German...witch is hexe Lols!) ...should I just revert to manufacturer settings (assuming there will be that option). My only changes are grand piano (I might have gone through wistfully listening for my Bechstein grand) and setting the piano to 432hz - easily reset). I'm from the lift the lid and play generation 🤭🤭🤭😂

Edited by Meg1611
Typos

There is a factory reset procedure.  Hold both tempo buttons while turning on the piano.  It sounds like you have already tested it out of the box, so a reset may not help.  You can possibly gain a higher average volume level from the internal speakers with careful tuning of the master EQ and compressor.