Video Files on Forum ×

Title: Saving Both Audio and MIDI Recordings to a Flash Drive on Casio PX S1100

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to figure out a way to save both audio and MIDI recordings of a song directly to a flash drive using my Casio PX S1100 piano. I've gone through the manual and scoured various forums for a solution but haven't found a clear answer yet. Is there a technical possibility to save recordings in both formats simultaneously, or perhaps through some workaround? Any guidance on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated as I'm at my wits' end with this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Audio recordings automatically record direct to USB flash drive.  MIDI recordings record directly to keyboard internal memory. 

To export a MIDI recording to the flash drive, you'll need to use the media save function.  Two file formats are available.  SMF type is a standard MIDI file.  Casio MRF format is the other type, only compatible with the keyboard itself.  You'll find a detailed procedure in the user manual for saving MIDI recordings to USB.   If you get stuck, feel free to ask more questions.  

On 10.03.2024 at 19:04, Brad Saucier said:

Аудиозаписи автоматически записываются прямо на USB-накопитель. MIDI-записи записываются непосредственно во внутреннюю память клавиатуры. 

Чтобы экспортировать MIDI-запись на флэш-накопитель, вам необходимо использовать функцию сохранения мультимедиа. Доступны два формата файлов. Тип SMF — стандартный MIDI-файл. Формат Casio MRF — другой тип, совместимый только с самой клавиатурой. Подробную процедуру сохранения MIDI-записей на USB вы найдете в руководстве пользователя. Если вы застряли, не стесняйтесь задавать больше вопросов.  

Do I have to choose between audio and MIDI, or can I save a recorded song in both formats on a USB drive? I've figured out the audio recording, but I'm struggling to save MIDI. I don't understand the steps involved.