weird problem with CA 110

Hi everyone!!

I have tried searching and checked the manual, and have found nothing so figured I would have to ask.

I have a second hand CA-110, it has a weird glitch where the middle C sharp sounds out both the C# and the D at the same time? The D doesn't do this, only the C sharp and it does this across all sounds.

I have tried the keyboard with new batteries, and with a wall adapter. I cleaned the keyboard thoroughly when I first got it last year, and since then i wipe it down with a microfibre cloth whenever I'm cleaning the collection. I keep all my keyboards in a spare room, and the power outlets which are not in use get switched off at the wall so there shouldn't be any interference happening from other devices.

I found a reddit thread with someone having the same issue with a Yamaha keyboard due to water damage, and seeing as this one is second hand there's a chance the previous owner might have done something and not told me about it, but there are no other signs of damage that I found.

Does anyone know what I should try next to fix it?

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

This keyboard uses the same hardware like Casio MA-130 (SA-series variant with different matrix). Have you removed the silicone contact strips to clean the actual key contacts? (Wash the silicone strips in water with dishwashing detergent, rinse well and dry with tissue. Also carefully wipe PCB contacts with it or isopropanol. Use no force to avoid damage of the carbon layer.) Also 2 shorted contacts of the volume switch or stuck number buttons. Also a shorted diode may cause wrong additional notes when holding e.g. more than 2 keys simultaneously.

• Like 1