Video Files on Forum ×

PX5 not sending some cc's at stage setting change?

goergtn

I have several StageSettings that are external MIDI only (generator off). When I press the # button, the PX-5s does not send pan/reverb/chorus parameters. If I go in and and edit those settings, the changes are reflected in the other synth, but they are not sent when selecting a StageSetting.

BTW- this worked fine with my PX3. Any thoughts?

Dan

Yes I can reproduce that behaviour.

I guess it is a bug. It works like a the stagesetting filter for MIDI OUT.

Maybe Casio thought the values for the controllers should only set the internal sounds and you want to have different Chorus/reverb settings on the external MIDI device.

But in fact If you have assigned a knob or slider the information will be send via MIDI

If you use the zone with "Gen Out = off" or the whole keyboard completely in "local-off" mode, it makes no sense to filter these settings.

So this is a topic which should open a ticket to Casio for the next firmware to fix

--> The settings for Controllers #Bx which are assigned to the zone have to be send via MIDI , when a StageSetting is recalled

@Mike would you do that for us?

Workarround: Use the slider for the requested parameter (reverb, chorus) and set the range to the requested value.  Min = Max = your requested value

(You can assigen two parameters to one slider !)

If you have recalled a stage setting just move the slider a bit, and you will get the requested value

Best regards

Ralf

Note: A Song of the Songsequencer will send these MIDI Data when it starts. Maybe you can use the SongSequecer to setup your external device with the requested parameters. You only need to assign a very short phrase with one usual MIDI command (e.g. move the modulation wheel). Then instert it for Trac 1..8. Afterwards, you can assign the chorus, reverb and pan to the Tracks, to control your external MIDI device.

Ralf

Hey, pianoralf!

Thanks for confirming that I'm not crazy. I already have sliders setup for chorus/reverb, and that works fine for me. Pan is the problem because the external synth has an effect (Vent) on one output. I'm gonna dedicate one MIDI channel for that and leave it panned in that position permanently. You,re workarounds make sense and minimize this bug - Thanks!

Dan

Mike has rejected this in Facebook forum. I understand that these parameters are tied to the sound. That means: Adjusting 80 for ambience could be on the PX5S much and on your external MIDI device too less. So if this parameter would be send out you would change the sound which was programmed on the external device. In many cases this could be also unwanted. As as decision Casio has selected not to send it on recalling the StageSetup, but to send it on moving an assigned slider, if necessary.
So have you tested the second solution if you still need an automatical setting with the songseqencer. It may be an alternative, if you need the sliders for a range.

Start recording a new phrase. Move a slider for adjusting the PX5S Level for ambience (or pan). This starts the recording automatically.

Stop the record with the record button.

Save the phrase.

Press Song and Edit.

Then press Track Edit Ent

Press the INSERT Key (above the Number 1 of Stage Setting)

Press Exit an go to Song Mixer

After Enter scroll down and setup the prgram Change for your external device Volume pan etc. Delay Reverb ,whatever you need.

Don't forget to swich MIDI OUT to "On"

Save the "song" and give a name for your external setting.

Then press START to "play" the song. Now the external MIDI device will receive the commandos.

After that check if the PX5S sounds are still ok.

If yes you will be able to play, otherwise call a stagesetup, wich will set the parameters for the PX5S.

Please check if this is practicable for you

Ralf

• Like 1