Video Files on Forum ×

Play back .wav files on USB stick ?

goergtn

I've put some audio files (.wav / 44.1 / 16bit) - sound fx, song intros, full length backing tracks - onto the USB drive. Will the PX-5s play these back? It doesn't seem to see them, but it did show them in a "rename" page. So I renamed one file "TAKE 11". I don't know how, but I did get the "song" player to play some phrase AND my Pink Floyd cash register loop from "Money".

Can this be done from the PX internally, or should I play my files from my Ipad into the audio in of the board?

BTW - used this board on 4 gigs as the only board in a country/rock band. Also, on 2 gigs as a bottom tier/2-board classic rock band. Plus one audition. I am loving it !!!

Dan

Where did you find a "Rename page"?

You must move the files in a folder named "MUSICDAT". The PX does not read the USB Sticks root, only that directory and no subdirectory.

Short Press on button "AudioRecorder" allows to playback these files.
During wav play unfortunately you can not change the sound or a stage setting. You have to select them before you press the START button.
So if you have an external player it might be the better choice to plug it into the AudioIn.

Ralf