Video Files on Forum ×

It's Up To Us

Have you noticed that to date the XW downloads section has only 10 files in it while the PX-5S downloads section has 51? The first files in each were uploaded in the same month (this past May). Yeah, I know some XW sounds have been posted in the "New Sounds!" thread (I hope everything in the future goes in the downloads section for consistency) but it seems clear which product is now getting the lion's share of attention. I guess the PX-5S is just too darned good. :)

So, it's all up to us XW owners. We can't wait for Casio (which really means Mike) to give us new sounds. I'll post whatever I develop, for sure. Kudos to everyone who has already done so. Your efforts and generosity are appreciated. Some really nice sounds have already been posted.

• Like 1

Thanks Joe! 

The one challenge we have with the XW is sharing Performances.  A Performance on the XW references the locations of all the tones and other required items (Step Sequence, Arpeggio, Phrase...etc).  

So in order to share a Performance, each of those items also have to be saved.  For you to get them to work on your XW requires that each component is loaded into a specific location otherwise the Performance won't work.   

So in order to share:

The Performance must be clearly documented, showing the location of each item.  Obviously this is quite time consuming.  If there is any mistake in the loading process (or you are already using that specific user location) you'll have to manually edit the Performance and re-save it.  That requires YOU the user to be able to dig under the hood and make these changes.

Note that what we learned from this problem made it better on the PX-5S.  A Performance (called a Stage Setting) contains everything including the custom tones.   That is why it has been easier to share some of the multi-zone sounds.