Video Files on Forum ×

NDC7 GrPiano with Key Noise

Brad Saucier

A new update to my old piano.

This Version of the Piano has Key Noises added. I tried to approximate what it would sound like if microphones were picking up the sound of the piano action. The key noises are not very useful when your using your piano deep in a mix with many other instruments but it's nice to have for solo piano work especially in the softer passages.  It adds that extra bit of realism.  Of course, the sound is adjustable and can be completely removed if it's unwanted.

Slider 2: adjust the level of key strike noise. This is not as important as the key release noise, but I put it in just for kicks.  It adds extra low end to the strike noise that is already in the original samples.

Slider 3: adjust the level of key release noise.  This is best kept at a level that is low and subtle yet still noticeable if you listen for it.  

The default levels were set using headphones. You'll need to adjust the levels to taste depending on your listening environment and style of playing. Start by quickly adjusting the slider levels to the extremes while playing a few notes (upper register with headphones is best) to get an idea of the sound your adding to the mix. Turn off Zone 1 to hear just the key noise because the key noise is a hex layer I created on Zone 2.

This Piano still includes Early Reflection DSP and the adjustable wet level for it is on Slider 5. Adjust to taste.  Casio's piano sample is very dry which is a good thing because you can remove or change effects if you need too.  I think this Early Reflection effect brings the piano sound more in line with some other popular piano sounds from various brands. If your used to those then maybe this effect will satisfy you.  

The knobs control EQ.  Simple.

Mike mentioned clipping in a previous version.  Lesson learned.  Guys, double check your uploaded files.  I had no idea that the file I uploaded was clipping.   I have double checked this version.  I think it's good.  

Here's the download page.

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/files/file/69-ndc7-grpiano-2-with-key-noise/

• Like 1