Video Files on Forum ×

[HELP] Using midi

rhpsdodo

Hi all,

I'm a Px-5s noob. So, I have many question which I hope this forum can answer (i'm sure :D). The first of all is about midi. 

I'm not so satisfied about brass sound of px-5s, so I connect my ipad2 via midi with iRig and Sampletank but I can't set my px-5s like slave (slave, right? or Master?).

When i connect ipad I can exclude local control in "system settings" but I can't understand how to set a stage setting using midi sound

Please help me to use midi on my jewel :D

Thx a lot

Rhpsdodo,

Have you checked some of the brass sounds like Stage Setting 8-5?  

In regards to controlling your iPad do not use the MIDI Slave or Master - this has to do with MIDI "Clock" or tempo.  

Instead after selecting the Stage Setting you want to use, press Edit, Select Stage Setting.  

Select Zone Edit, then MIDI Edit.

For any of the 4 zones you can choose if the zone is controlling an internal sound (Generator ON) or external instrument through MIDI.   Each zone has ON/Off Switches for both USB and MIDI.

• Like 1

Rhpsdodo,

Have you checked some of the brass sounds like Stage Setting 8-5?  

In regards to controlling your iPad do not use the MIDI Slave or Master - this has to do with MIDI "Clock" or tempo.  

Instead after selecting the Stage Setting you want to use, press Edit, Select Stage Setting.  

Select Zone Edit, then MIDI Edit.

For any of the 4 zones you can choose if the zone is controlling an internal sound (Generator ON) or external instrument through MIDI.   Each zone has ON/Off Switches for both USB and MIDI.

I'll try as soon as possible

Thx for guide for midi...I'll work on that. I hope I can ask other questions... :D