Video Files on Forum ×

new user questions re xw-p1

mike

1. what does prefix cz, mg, pj stand for on some preset synth tones?

2. how would I add time to "fade" of a downloaded moog tone after the key is released? - so there's more flow between notes. I notice when i enter parameter and adjust the numeric values, nothing changes in the tone!

3.is there a video or tutorial showing how to build user tones using the oscillators/envelope gen/filters? (from waveform choice thru adjusting adsr)?

Thx for the help! - mike

1. I'm not sure if Mike Martin has "officially" said what they mean, other than CZ (which is obvious if you know Casio history) but MG likely stands for Moog, MM for Minimoog, AP1 and AP2 could stand for Arp, OB likely references Oberheim's OB and OB-X series synths, P5 likely stands for Prophet 5 (Sequential Circuits), JP for Roland's older, analog-based Jupiter series (maybe the Jupiter 8), ND for Nord, VA for Virtual Analog, TB likely references Roland's TB-303 and similar, and SH may reference Roland's SH series of synths. 

3. No, I don't believe there are any tutorial videos dealing with voice editing on the XW synths. But there are many general tutorial videos covering the basics of analog-style synthesis out there on YouTube, including a pretty nice series from Moog that starts at ground zero. Just search YouTube and you should find plenty. Here's a link to get you started:

Holy cow - you guys are a boatload of knowledge! Thx for the input. (pardon the pun). I had no idea there were that wide a sampling on this machine, but I have seen a lot of those "XX" designations in tone banks.

Thx again - mike

Alen - youre rite - some of the P1's voices are prophet-like.

• 2 months later...