Video Files on Forum ×

Connecting PX780 to a laptop

sergio

I can't get my PX780 to connect to my ASUS ultrabook (UX21E - purchased Oct 2011).  My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium.

I followed the Casio instructions carefully, but the laptop does not recognize the DP.  I'm using a USB to USB cable;  I have not tried the MIDI outputs from the DP (would need to purchase the cable).

Does anyone know what may be wrong?

Thanks,

Sergio

First question because I have seen this happen.. you are using the square USB port in the back to connect to the computer.. not the USB flash drive port correct?

Scott, THANKS!!!   Once again you've helped me.  No, I wasn't using the USB port in the back (which I guess is for the pedals), but I was using the same port I use for the stick memory.  After looking at the manual more carefully, I realized that there was ANOTHER USB port next to it.  What threw me was that the shape of the second USB port was different from what I was familiar with (I thought that they were all rectangular and flat).  I should have used that second USB port,

The laptop recognized the DP right away, installed the CASIO driver, and I was able to interface with Synthesia, the one software program I installed to test all of this out.

My explorations continue, and thanks again!

Sergio

• Like 1