Video Files on Forum ×

Why We Are Here

AlenK

Whether you only only read the Casio Music Forums or actively post in them there's a reason you are here. Perhaps you are considering buying a Casio keyboard and you want to see what users are saying about it or you are looking for more information about a Casio keyboard you just recently bought. Maybe you are looking for an answer to a specific question about a Casio keyboard or music making in general.

It could be that you like to share your work (patches and/or compositions) with other Casio keyboard owners or you like to share what you have discovered about a Casio keyboard in the course of using it. Perhaps you enjoy helping people understand a Casio product better with whatever you have learned about it. Or maybe you simply like to talk about keyboards and/or music synthesis in general and you happen to own a Casio.

If any of that applies to you, glad to have you here.

But some people have other agendas. Perhaps they like to bitch and moan about their Casio keyboard while supplying little to nothing constructive in the course of their discussions. Maybe they like to argue just for the sake of arguing about things that in the long run just don't matter. Maybe they're just cranky. Maybe they think they are better than everyone else on the forum in one way or another. (They'll make sure you know in exactly what ways.)

Other forums are full of this sort of negativity. I'm glad to see little of it in the Casio Music Forums. Keeping a positive attitude helps drive out the negativists. These people need an audience. If no one will engage them, if their negativity is simply ignored, they tend to go away to look for more fertile grounds for their brand of BS.  

Sure, there will always be disagreements. We're all individuals and we won't always, or even often, agree. In fact, such arguments are healthy. But they have to be done with respect for the other point of view, however wrong you think it to be. And maybe it's all just a big misunderstanding. Maybe it's just semantics. Maybe you don't know as much as you think you do. Maybe you are actually wrong! A little humility goes a long way.

• Like 3

Alen, I realize that you're referring to a specific incident and I feel your pain and understand your need to vent.

However, the negazoids are only happy when you acknowledge them.

Ignore them and they will fade away.  Don't give them the satisfaction of peeing on your cornflakes.

Plenty of us in here appreciate the hard work you and others are doing in here to maximize the potential of the XW and PX keyboards and it does not go unnoticed.

Sad to say, but perhaps an ignore button such as is found in other forums would be an asset in here?

Let the haters hate.  The rest of us have enough positive energy to overcome even the worst of them, and in the long run they don't affect our musical enjoyment in the slightest.

I've heard people like Seasick Steve produce incredible music with a cigar box and a broom handle so the ramblings of one musical snob are not going to convince me that the XW cannot make beautiful music.

Art is all about creating beauty with the tools at hand.  If someone else can't understand that it is his loss...

Gary

• Like 4

Hi Gary,

I just felt the sudden need to reiterate why we are all here. I apologize if that came off as a rant. I was trying to stay positive! If certain people see themselves in the "some people" portion of what I wrote then that is between them and their psychiatrist. :)

• Like 1

I'm in this forum because I knew nothing about the CASIO XW-P1. I learn a lot on the Forum thanks to you.

"For me, music is a game." It's a creative, joyful and fun game.

I've learned a lot in this forum. And I continue to learn!

People forget about the main topic of the post and this is the problem, sometimes.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. ;)
Edited by David
  • Like 1

Sad to say, but perhaps an ignore button such as is found in other forums would be an asset in here?

A little hesitant to mention this as we are all adults and I wish it wasn't needed.. however I believe in an individuals right to choose if they wish to "ignore" someone.. and it is a feature here so...:

If you click your user name in the top bar (next to the "sign out" link)... you will see "Mange Ignore Preferences" - click that and you will be taken to a screen  where you can add users to your "ignore list".

Again, I hope no one finds the need to use this.... but if someone really gets your goat to the point you no longer enjoy coming here, it is a good feature to have. 

Thanks to this forum I've taken an extra liking to Casio keyboards and the contribution of the users and admin specially Mike Martin for lending us an ear and providing us with many tips help us to get  even more out these Casio products. I thank you all for the inspiration and liking as true musicians by heart. Not to sound dopey or sentimental sob but its how I feel about it :)

It's nice to have community that shares a common passion and helps each other out. I'm very impressed with the product knowledge that some of the users here have. Mike, Jared and the rest of the Casio team do a real service to their customers here, the other forums and on Facebook. Yes the instruments are powerful and affordable, but it's the people and community that make it so much fun, IMHO.  :)