Video Files on Forum ×

Interesting Expression Pedal

This is an interesting product.. you can use the "arrows" for expression and/or aftertouch.  The number pads can be used to play notes and send control data like aftertouch. Down side? It's expensive and needs a separate box to connect to a MIDI synth.. will connect directly to a computer via USB though.

keithmcmillen_softstep.jpg

http://www.keithmcmillen.com/softstep/overview

Yeah I really don't have much use for these - esp at the price they want for the pedals and box. I do see some FCB1010's on ebay for $50 - very tempted to give those a go, if nothing else just to see how well they work with the XW's and PX-5S. The ability to trigger notes and other events via the switches opens some possibilities as well.  

I wonder if the pedals are working correctly on those used FCB1010's on ebay? The one knock against the FCB1010 that I have read is that the pedals have a tendency to loosen up and apparently can't be tightened again owing to their design. If they are okay in this case I would happily spend $50 on one.

I wonder if the pedals are working correctly on those used FCB1010's on ebay? The one knock against the FCB1010 that I have read is that the pedals have a tendency to loosen up and apparently can't be tightened again owing to their design. If they are okay in this case I would happily spend $50 on one.

Good to know... "of course" they all say "GOOD AS NEW"..  :P 

I have heard they are tough to program.. (the one above has a PC/MAC editor apparently). wondering how many people got the 1010s and was just too much for them. IDK... would love to see how some of these MIDI pedals work with the Casios. I will  report back if I end up caving and getting one. 

I've had my FCB1010 for probably a decade, it's awesome. No problems with the pedals, but don't use them that much compared to the switches. There are a couple free editors for PC (and I think for Mac, but not positive). Programming it from the front panel is not out of the question, the manual has all the necessary information. Anyone who can make any sense out the XW could handle it!

I have the UNO chip upgrade, a must have IMO....

I've had my FCB1010 for probably a decade, it's awesome. No problems with the pedals, but don't use them that much compared to the switches. There are a couple free editors for PC (and I think for Mac, but not positive). Programming it from the front panel is not out of the question, the manual has all the necessary information. Anyone who can make any sense out the XW could handle it!

I have the UNO chip upgrade, a must have IMO....

A great info - thanks for that. Didn't know about the UNO - just Goggled it.. looks cool.  :)