Video Files on Forum ×

Can anyone explain what the on/off rate does for the pedal?

dc2k

Does 'on' mean pedal pressed down and 'off' mean pedal released?

Is it how slowly the effect goes on and off?

Any good primers on how to set the pedal?

I watched Mike Martin's recent video and there is a little bit about it in there but I'm cycling through the different options and some don't seem to do anything like I think there was a portamento one called portaOnOf and I couldn't get it to do anything.

Seems like the pedals can be quite powerful if I could figure out how to set them up. One thing I noticed as I cycled through the different options was that some of the effects seemed to remain though they were no longer selected. By the end of my experimenting, my Sound Setting sounded totally different than how it started out even though no pedal was depressed and no pedal effect was currently selected. Like the attack/release/cut-off had been changed.

What I had been trying to figure out was how change the attack momentarily by depressing pedal 2. I wanted to use it with the deckards lead sound setting (3:3) in zone 2 so that when playing the top part I could change the attack level to play the two rapid notes in the Blade Runner theme before releasing the pedal so zone 2's sounds goes back to having a long attack.

Couldn't figure it out so if anyone has any pointers, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers.

I had it in 'momentary', not 'toggle' but maybe I had it depressed a couple of times before cycling to a new effect and the effects sort of carry over and layer up.

so if I want the effect to come and off as quickly as possible, then the on/off rates should be set to 0,0? That would mean immediate?