Video Files on Forum ×

Turn off blinking tap tempo light?

amaverick

I wonder what happens if you change the XW's MIDI sync mode to "Slav" (Slave)?  (Page E-70.)  (Of course, if you do that none of the sequencers will work anymore without inserting an external clock signal, in which case the light will blink again if this actually worked to turn it off!)

• Like 1

I believe you can still use the step sequencer in slave mode. You just have to input a MIDI clock. No MIDI clock = no sequencing (of any kind, including phrase and arpeggiator). 

MIDI clock? I don't know that. I use the XW-P1 as a slave with the Electribe. Then: the Electribe does MIDI clock? I apologize for changing the topic thread.

Yes, the Electribe can output MIIDI clock. You have three choices. You can use the Electribe and the XW both with internal clocks, in which case their sequencers and arpeggiators will not be synchronized. You can use the XW as the master, outputting its clock to the Electribe, which you would set up as the slave. Or you can set the Electribe as the master, outputting its clock to the XW. In both of the latter cases the machines' sequencers and arpeggiators will be tempo synchronized.