Video Files on Forum ×

Question about the PX-5S ?

Bigmark

Are the buttons on this stage piano back lit ?

I have to say, that with my XW-P1 sitting above my PX 350 it's starting to bug me and was thinking of a change to a stage piano that has this feature ?

They are not.. they have "indicator" lights like the PX-350, but they are blue on the PX-5S instead of red.

I have a couple of these guys mounted so I can see the panel in the dark:

2ui82ew.jpg

They make plenty of different kinds of these clip-on lights.. some even run on AC so you don't need to worry about batteries. 

Thanks Scott.

The PX-350 was bad enough on its own ( I used a clip on led) but with the XW now sitting above as a twin set up, it really is shadowlands on the PX.

I've been using a little pen light Led torch for gigs,I was thinking however that I could attach a LED strip light to the bottom of the XW , this would then light up the PX controls.

I really don't understand why Casio produce professional stage pianos that are not back lit, punters have been shouting about it on the Privia series for ages now, do casio not listen to their customers ?

Thanks Scott.

The PX-350 was bad enough on its own ( I used a clip on led) but with the XW now sitting above as a twin set up, it really is shadowlands on the PX.

I've been using a little pen light Led torch for gigs,I was thinking however that I could attach a LED strip light to the bottom of the XW , this would then light up the PX controls.

I really don't understand why Casio produce professional stage pianos that are not back lit, punters have been shouting about it on the Privia series for ages now, do casio not listen to their customers ?

They are very good about listening.. just realize the PX-5S was built from the same chassis as the 350... for "economy of scale" reasons I'm sure. They were able to get the 5S in our hands faster and price it well by doing this. Keep the suggestions and wish list stuff coming.. I'm sure they will try use what they think is feasible is the next gen pro-88.  :)