Video Files on Forum ×

Make Slider 6 a Vol. Ctrl for an EXTERNAL module

SonnyDaye

I'm trying to make Slider 6 a Volume Control for an EXTERNAL module. Since everything seems to be "zone-based", I can't find a way to set a slider to control (via midi) the volume of a specific channel on an external module THAT IS NOT PART OF ZONE 1, 2, 3, or 4. Maybe I'm overlooking something simple - wouldn't be the first time!

I'm trying to make Slider 6 a Volume Control for an EXTERNAL module. Since everything seems to be "zone-based", I can't find a way to set a slider to control (via midi) the volume of a specific channel on an external module THAT IS NOT PART OF ZONE 1, 2, 3, or 4. Maybe I'm overlooking something simple - wouldn't be the first time!

Thanks for any help!

Hi Sonny. Give this a try:  Set up a zone to transmit on the MIDI channel of your module and set the slider to send MIDI CC #7. Then turn the zone off so the PX-5S sound gen. doesn't sound when you play the keys. If you don't want the module to sound when you play the PX-5S keys set the zone outside the PX-5S key range. Hope this makes sense (and works!).  :D

• Like 1