Video Files on Forum ×

How to you change stage settings with Set List Maker?

Ebonivor

Having just recently returned to performing at 70 years of age after an absence of 30 years (primarily on guitar), and now the proud owner of a PX-5S, I'm wishing I had spent some of that time learning midi!

I have been using Set List Maker for just about everything except for midi, so was very interested to see that Mike had used it for changing stage settings, but I haven't a clue of how to make it work,

I initially tried to find what values to enter into the Bank MSB, Bank LSB and Program fields, but the Casio Midi documentation just left me totally confused! So I tried letting Set List Maker learn the midii. That worked, but the resulting hex code means nothing to me qnd I would prefer to have an understanding of what to enter into the fields.

Could someone please either give me some examples of what the values should be or, point me in the direction of some good basic relevant midi tutorials.

Give this format a try:
MIDI CHANNEL #|112|0|Stage Setting Number

So to send a program change on MIDI channel 1 to select Stage Setting 51 you SLM script would look like this:

1|112|0|51

(note the "112" and the "0" are constants, and usually the "1" is as well. Only need to change the last number which is the Stage Setting number)

There are a lot of SLM users in the Facebook Group so if you are still stuck, you may want to join up over there as well.  :)