Video Files on Forum ×

Problem upgrading firmwire 1.11

Simeoni75

Hi!

I got my Privia px-5S this afternoon and I was really excited to start recording it.

First when I got the power on the LCD had text <ERROR> No Media. No sound could be played and nothing responded except power button. Few boots more and no change. So I started googling and found that upgrading the Firmwire had helped some who had had that No Media error. I downloaded the update file. Started to install and it seemed to go well but after few minutes lights started to flash and LCD was showing <ERROR> No Media then it changed to <ERROR> No File and the it says Initializing don´t touch. This was going in circles and after 10 minutes I understood that upgrade was never going to happen.

I´ve done downloading with both Mac and Windows, used 2 different USB disks, tried booting with USB connected and with out... 

Remember I have not played a single note with the synth yet.

I don´t know what firmware it was on. I just know that it doesn´t power up right.

Any ideas?

Unfortunately,  it sounds like it need to be serviced. Like Gene said, if it's brand new contact the vendor you bought it from ASAP.  If it's used you will need to contact the nearest service center.  Closest one to Finland looks to be in Norway, but there may be one closer I'm not seeing.

Use this form if you need to contact Casio direclty...
https://secure.casio-europe.com/no/support/contact/

Good luck!  :)