Video Files on Forum ×

program a button on a musical chord

ricc5604

If I understand, you want to play single note chords and play other sounds on top of that.?

One way - program a hex layer, with all six layers using the same sound, to play a major chord in one area of the keyboard, a minor chord in another and have the rest of the board to play 1,2, or 3 sounds of your choosing.

Be possible to have a pad playing M/Mn chords, and bring in piano,Rhodes, and flute in any mix you want.

Upon re-reading your OP, maybe you want to use the Phrase sequencer. You can assign a phrase to any of the 4 zones. Program your chord into a phrase, it can be up to 16 bars long at any tempo. So, if you record a sustaining sound at a slow tempo, or looped, it will play when you hit start, stop when you hit stop.

When you record your phrase, save it! SS don't remember phrase info. After recording, you can take that zone off the key range of the PX, if you don't want play that sound.

You surely can use the phrases, but , if like me , your not to good with these ''manoeuvres'' 

(and a bit lazy I must admit) you can use a Ipad or Iphone (if you have one) there are many

IOS software that have pads that play a chord , you can easily build you'd chords or

use the uge library available. I bought 3, synth and Dr pad (Yamaha) (also do drums)

Arp and Dr pad (Yamaha, only pad) Chord poly pad (this one has a big library of chords)

all those software are less than 10.00$ CND, so if you have a ipad or iphone it's a

cheap way ti have some great fun. All 3 work very well with the PX-5S.

You can also read the post PX-5S/Ipad/drumbeat that I have started on this forum.

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/5680-tx-5sipaddrum-beat/

Padking