Video Files on Forum ×

Downloading problems-"No file Found"

lydays

I'm sure there are downloading issues for the 5s listed somewhere on the forum but I can't find them ;)  I have had no problem with updating the firmware/software--but I have yet been able to download any new tones or stage settings-I keep getting a "no file found" message and the manual refers me to pg. 30 which really offers no help--any suggestions?

@lydays

Make sure your thumb drive DOES NOT have the update file on it.  If a thumbdrive with the update.bin is plugged into the PX-5s when it is powered on, the update may attempt to start automatically.  If you have a MUSICDAT folder on the same flash drive as an update.bin and the update has run, your files may be lost.  

Also, make sure you hold down the media button instead of just tap it once.  Tapping it once brings up playable files (waves and midis).  Holding the button brings up the save and load options for  stages settings, tones, etc.

@lydays

Make sure your thumb drive DOES NOT have the update file on it.  If a thumbdrive with the update.bin is plugged into the PX-5s when it is powered on, the update may attempt to start automatically.  If you have a MUSICDAT folder on the same flash drive as an update.bin and the update has run, your files may be lost.  

Also, make sure you hold down the media button instead of just tap it once.  Tapping it once brings up playable files (waves and midis).  Holding the button brings up the save and load options for  stages settings, tones, etc.

Like I stated above--I DO hold the media button and arrive at the save page-The thumb drive has the MUSICDAT file ONLY--I mentioned having used it for the update to show theres nothing wrong with the drive--I have since tried another thumb drive, still "No File Found" comes up--

Like I stated above--I DO hold the media button and arrive at the save page-The thumb drive has the MUSICDAT file ONLY--I mentioned having used it for the update to show theres nothing wrong with the drive--I have since tried another thumb drive, still "No File Found" comes up--

I can put the drive back in my computer and open up the MUSICDAT folder and all downloads are there---The 5s just can't see them for some reason--

lydays, on 26 Apr 2014 - 4:09 PM, said:

Yes, and I hold the media button down until I get the save page--then I hit save and it says "no file found" same thumb drive I use to update with no problem--

If you want to LOAD files FROM the flash drive TO the PX-5S, why are you "hitting" SAVE as you state above ?  That is for SAVING files FROM the PX-5S TO the flash drive.  After you hold the MEDIA button until the MEDIA screen appears, you should be using the UP/DOWN arrow buttons to select "LOAD", and then hit ENTER.  You then use the UP/DOWN arrow buttons again to select the type of data you want to LOAD and hit ENTER again, then select the file you want to load using STEP 7 in the RIGHT HAND COLUMN on PAGE 32 of the manual.  I think the "no files" message you are getting is telling you that you do not have anything to SAVE "TO"  the flash drive - not that you do not have anything to LOAD "FROM" the flash drive.  This entire procedure is covered in the section entitled "Loading Data from a USB Flash Drive to Digital Piano Memory" in the right hand column on Page 32 of the manual.

If you want to LOAD files FROM the flash drive TO the PX-5S, why are you "hitting" SAVE as you state above ?  That is for SAVING files FROM the PX-5S TO the flash drive.  After you hold the MEDIA button until the MEDIA screen appears, you should be using the UP/DOWN arrow buttons to select "LOAD", and then hit ENTER.  You then use the UP/DOWN arrow buttons again to select the type of data you want to LOAD and hit ENTER again, then select the file you want to load using STEP 7 in the RIGHT HAND COLUMN on PAGE 32 of the manual.  I think the "no files" message you are getting is telling you that you do not have anything to SAVE "TO"  the flash drive - not that you do not have anything to LOAD "FROM" the flash drive.  This entire procedure is covered in the section entitled "Loading Data from a USB Flash Drive to Digital Piano Memory" in the right hand column on Page 32 of the manual.

I meant load :) When I hit load the message "no file found" comes up ....and gives me no option to do anything else ..what else can I say???

How about this.  You are sure the MUSICDAT folder and files on your computer has legit stuff on it, right?  I had a thumb drive that was giving me troubles so I did this: saved everything I could from the thumb drive, then did a full/deep format of the thumbdrive as fat32.  Not a quick format, but a full format.  Then I created a new folder all caps : MUSICDAT.  Now before you put the saved files back on the drive, eject it properly, make sure the PX-5s is off, then put the drive in the front USB slot on the px-5s.  Turn it on.

Choose any stage setting, press and hold the media button > save > Stage Setting > [Enter] > Yes

After it's done Exit > Load > Stage Setting > cursor down using number 6, make sure the correct stage setting number is dialed in > Enter and follow the prompts.

If you can get through all of that, then your PX should be reading and writing to the USB fine and perhaps the original files were corrupt.  If it doesn't work, then there's either something physically wrong with the thumbdrive or your keyboard.  If it works, copy your old files back onto the drive and see if it makes any difference when trying to load them.

lydays

Put your flash drive back into your PC.  Look at it with Windows Explorer and give us a list of the files that Windows Explorer shows in the MUSICDAT folder.  Be sure to include the 3 character file name extension after the decimal point.  Also, be sure to list any sub-folders Windows Explorer shows inside of the MUSICDAT folder.  Normally, there should not be any sub-folders inside the MUSICDAT folder unless they were put there purposely by the user.  So we need to know about any that might have got there in some other manner - say - like - by WinZip - maybe.  I have run across this many times in the years I have had my WK-3800.  Users would download Zip files of rhythms and use WinZip to unzip them directly to the WK's SD Card.  The only problem was, WinZip would create a sub-folder inside the MUSICDAT folder and unzip the rhythm files into that, so the WK was not able to find them.  I know all this sounds pretty rudimentary, but most of the time, problems like this turn out to be something simple that has been overlooked.

How about this.  You are sure the MUSICDAT folder and files on your computer has legit stuff on it, right?  I had a thumb drive that was giving me troubles so I did this: saved everything I could from the thumb drive, then did a full/deep format of the thumbdrive as fat32.  Not a quick format, but a full format.  Then I created a new folder all caps : MUSICDAT.  Now before you put the saved files back on the drive, eject it properly, make sure the PX-5s is off, then put the drive in the front USB slot on the px-5s.  Turn it on.

Choose any stage setting, press and hold the media button > save > Stage Setting > [Enter] > Yes

After it's done Exit > Load > Stage Setting > cursor down using number 6, make sure the correct stage setting number is dialed in > Enter and follow the prompts.

If you can get through all of that, then your PX should be reading and writing to the USB fine and perhaps the original files were corrupt.  If it doesn't work, then there's either something physically wrong with the thumbdrive or your keyboard.  If it works, copy your old files back onto the drive and see if it makes any difference when trying to load them.

I'll give that a shot-Thanks :)

lydays

Put your flash drive back into your PC.  Look at it with Windows Explorer and give us a list of the files that Windows Explorer shows in the MUSICDAT folder.  Be sure to include the 3 character file name extension after the decimal point.  Also, be sure to list any sub-folders Windows Explorer shows inside of the MUSICDAT folder.  Normally, there should not be any sub-folders inside the MUSICDAT folder unless they were put there purposely by the user.  So we need to know about any that might have got there in some other manner - say - like - by WinZip - maybe.  I have run across this many times in the years I have had my WK-3800.  Users would download Zip files of rhythms and use WinZip to unzip them directly to the WK's SD Card.  The only problem was, WinZip would create a sub-folder inside the MUSICDAT folder and unzip the rhythm files into that, so the WK was not able to find them.  I know all this sounds pretty rudimentary, but most of the time, problems like this turn out to be something simple that has been overlooked.

I have a Macbook Pro but I get the gist--thanks :)

Hi lydays,

Just a thought, but it might be worth checking what exactly you are doing once you get to the "load page". This should be the page which has a list saying: SMF play, Load, Save... If, upon reaching that page, you press "enter" you will indeed get the "no file" message.

What you must do is press the DOWN ARROW (stage setting #6 button) once so that the large dot sits beside LOAD and Then press ENTER.....

I apologise if you have already done this correctly, but I am especially familiar with just how easy it is to miss a simple but crucial step when dealing with computers so thought it was worth mentioning......... Best wishes. :-)