Video Files on Forum ×

Controller ?

Katie

Is there a way to have a controller turn a hex layer on while simultaneously turning off a melody tone, or just the opposite, turning a hex layer off while turning a melody tone on? I know you can do this using two controllers, but I want to use just one.   I'm not talking about volume, but actually muting or turning off a tone.   I know, I know, "Why in the hell would you want to do that?"  I have my reasons. Thanks.

Target 101 is zone on/off

go into stage setting>common edit

Scroll down to the controller you want to use, say knob 1.

Change the Target to zone on/off

Press the zone + button beside tempo button to get to target 2 (each control can do two things).

Change the Target on T2 to zone on/off except here you need to change the min value to 127 and the max value to 0 (the opposite of T1's values)

Now stick you hex layer on zone 1, and turn on the zone.

Stick your melody tone on zone 2 and turn off the zone.

You need to turn down the volume to 0 for zone 3 and 4....

Or you could go into stage setting>zone edit>controller edit....and turn off knob 1 for zones 3 and 4 also using the zone +/- buttons.

Now knob 1 will turn off zone 1 and turn on zone 2 when twisted one way and do the opposite when twisted the other way.

actually, I just tried the above out, and I don't think it works.

zones 1 and 2 get changed to off or on together. It doesn't matter if you have one set to off and the other set to on to begin with.

might be some way to do it but I haven't figured it out.

The knobs and sliders are common to the entire stage setting - not zone specific.  The only way I can think of to accomplish a zone on and off toggle with a single key press, is to have 2 identical stage settings in the same bank, each with opposite zones on and off.  Press the corresponding number to switch to either.  Or, if you don't mind a few key presses and want to free up all of the levers and knobs and not change their values by switching to a new stage setting, then use the + and - zone on and off buttons to the left of the display screen.  With a little practice, the toggling can be done fast.

Thanks Choppin.  What I'm trying to accomplish is smooth sound transition (sorry for the Korg speak) within one stage setting.  I've been able to accomplish this with Hex layers, but for some reason tones cutoff sound as soon as you switch off the zone.  Maybe the next update??  Hint-hint, along with mono mode and better string samples and organ modeling.  ;)