Video Files on Forum ×

Controlling the PX-5S: iPad vs Behringer BCR2000 vs PC Editor

Peter

I'm thinking about buying a Privia PX-5S, primarily for the HexLayers and sound design, secondarily like a digital piano (for nostalgia). This keyboard is very powerful, but it suffers from the same thing like the XW-P1: poor control. You have to navigate through series of menus to change what you want. To counter this problem, there are some solutions like controlling it with external devices like an iPad or a midi controller like the behringer BCR2000. Probably the cheapest solution is the PC Editor (well, its free).

What do you guys use for control? What are your experiences with those things ? 

Can you please show me a screenshot of the HexLayers in the data editor? I'm interested about all those parameters. 

Can I synchronise, for example layers 1,2 and 3, and then when I change the filter ADSR for layer 1, it changes the same thing simultaneously for layers 2 and 3 ? It can be done in the data editor for the XWs.

Do the HexLayers have a global DETUNE like in the XW-P1 ? Knob 2 controlled it in the Tone mode.