Video Files on Forum ×

wave file playback

cirores

Brand new PX5S user, and am lovin the instrument. One of my only frustrations with the keyboatd is having to rename wave files just to play them back. (Take 00, 01, etc) I can use the input to play backing tracks through an ipod, but it would be much simpler to simply use the usb drive to play the wave files with the actual titles. Does anyone getting a sense that Casio may deal with this in a future firmware update? Thanks.

Brand new PX5S user, and am lovin the instrument. One of my only frustrations with the keyboatd is having to rename wave files just to play them back. (Take 00, 01, etc) I can use the input to play backing tracks through an ipod, but it would be much simpler to simply use the usb drive to play the wave files with the actual titles. Does anyone getting a sense that Casio may deal with this in a future firmware update? Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the Casio Forums. Many users have expressed the desire to be able to name the wav files for playback, so they are aware of the request. Whether they include it in an firmware update is another thing. One thing I have learned is what seems like a simple fix may not be so simple to implement. 

I have found it much more convenient to simply use a MP3 player or iPhone to play backing tracks into the PX-5S. The advantage (besides being able to assign "friendly" names and control the volume globally) is you can record the tracks and your playing on the USB.. something you obviously can't do if the USB is being used to play a track. 

Also, I created this printable sheet to keep track of my USB recordings, but it can also be used to track wavs for playback.

Cheers!

Scott

TAKE NUMBER.pdf

yes but this is makes ni sense for me ....if the PX5 gives the ability ,...i also do not us it because it makes non sense having a library with take 00 01 02 and so on ,,,i really wonder who whas the inventor fot this ir the reason of it even 15 years ol synths gives you the possibilities to name your songs phrases sequences sounds settings and so on !