Video Files on Forum ×

Melody Tone files

danielerusso

Do you mean with raw data outside of the editor?  If you know the file format of a ztn anything is possible.  I don't believe the ztn is a sample but more of the parameters related to the tone that's housed in ROM.  These parameters would be the numerical and text values associated with any edits or settings. 

So there's no way I can put my own samples in the px-5s?

The Casio XW-G1 allows you to load in your own samples and complements the PX-5S very nicely. In addition to the sampler and sample looper,  you get a solo synth mode for monophonic leads and a step sequencer for drum, bass, chords, stabs, etc.   I them MIDI'd up so I can sync the step sequencer on the G1  with the arpeggiator on on the PX-5S. Nice pair of keyboards, they are.  :)

The Casio XW-G1 allows you to load in your own samples and complements the PX-5S very nicely. In addition to the sampler and sample looper,  you get a solo synth mode for monophonic leads and a step sequencer for drum, bass, chords, stabs, etc.   I them MIDI'd up so I can sync the step sequencer on the G1  with the arpeggiator on on the PX-5S. Nice pair of keyboards, they are.  :)

Is it possible to do the same thing also with the xw-p1?

^^^ What Joe said...  :)  They each have their own special features: Instead of sampling, the XW-P1 offers hex layers and a  drawbar organ mode.

This chart gives a nice overview of the main differences. What the chart doesn't show is the fact that you have more control over the solo synth with the XW-G1 using the sliders. Also doesn't show that the XW-P1 silders transmit MIDI CC in drawbar organ mode, making it a better controller (only the knobs on the G1 transmit MIDI CC)

16k0rdh.jpg

• Like 2